I'm really worried about something...

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
I have always been a healthy 9st 2lbs (i'm 5ft 7in) and a size 10. I was this size when i conceived last time, many years ago! Well, in the last 18 months i have put on nearly 3 stone! I have a drink at the weekend, normally stay in Friday and have a bottle and then go out Saturday night, sometimes have a drink Sunday as well ( :oops: ) but generally in the week i don't bother. I don't stuff my face with cakes, biscuits and crisps either and drink soda water most of the time in the week. I never fry anything, only eat out once a week max. I just can't understand how i could have gone from 9st 2lbs to 12 stone!!! I have been to the doctor today to explain this and he is going to give me blood tests for thyroid etc. Do you think this is what ive got, an under active thyroid? Just to add i went through a stink at the gym attending 4 times a week, running 6 km and cycling 7 km each time and hardly noticed any difference at all. Its really depressing me, i have never in my life been anymore than 10st 3lb (just before i got pregnant) but i lost all the baby fat and even went down to 8st 12lbs in 2004 before my holiday. I have tried every diet on the planet and none seem to work. Any advice?

:hug: aww hun its worth getting tested especailly if you have tried so hard to lose weight, i sympathise i find it hard to lose weight but i have crap will power so i know its my own fault xx :hug:

Yes it might be worth getting checked out Sammy, seeing as you dont eat crap all the time and it doesnt sounds like you drink excessive amounts?? Are you less active than you used to be?

I cant really think of an explanation so I think your wise to go to GP! :hug:

I, like Rusks just have shite willpower. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry Sammy, sounds like it's worth investigating hon...

I'm like Rusks and Jaidy, I fluctuate because of my SHITE willpower (fish and chips tonight) but have found it harder to lose when I am dieting in the last couple of years, I think it might be my metabolism slowing down as I get older?

I'll be the first to admit that alcohol is my biggest downfall at the weekends (i suppose i have drank a little more than normal of Heinekin since being in Holland for 2 weeks!) I guess i do drink more than i used to but no a lot more at all. My willpower is shite as well but then i have never really had to have any. In the Uk got a takeaway once a week, a bottle once mid week and then out for a bender on Saturday. That was all. I ate chocolate minimally, the same as i do now. I think my metabolism has really about stopped! I do less than when i lived in the city 18 months ago. I lived on a 4th floor apt and there was 100 stairs to walk up, i guess i walked 600 of them a day during 3 trips. I had no car in the city you see. Here, well its doorstep to car, walk around the shops. Did go to the gym on and off for 2-3 months (one week 4 times a week, some weeks not at all!) I guess im in denial. Ive just never had a problem with my weight before except the last 18 months. I was size 10 back then and now im about 12-14 (more on the 14 side!) Does anyone know a good diet or any other method that works? :(

I can only reccomend tai bo or however you spell it, it's an exersise dvd and it's the best!! :cheer:

Good luck Sammy :hug:

Hi sammy
I think you should go to your gp just to put your mind at rest. As for diets I lost 18 lb on weight watchers, I never done a diet before abd I foubd it easy, you can still eat anything but everything has a points value and you get so many points a day to use if you stick to it you can lose it quite quickly. As soon as I realised how many points some things are I still don't eat them now so I havnt put it all back on again

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back