I'm Overdue!

dannii87

Reaction score
I'm officially overdue... but PLEASED about it?! :think:

I've been waiting for midnight to strike! :rotfl: :shock: This is NOT normal!!

I always really felt for overdue women because I thought "oh poor things, having to wait longer than they'd hoped" etc and felt sad for them... I still do (if they are upset at being overdue)... I always prayed I wouldn't go overdue too... :think:

My reasons for being pleased about it are that the pressure is FINALLY off! :cheer: I feel like a load of "oooh I think she'll be early" comments I can finally lay to rest and just enjoy this time now... People know I'm overdue, and seem to have laid off a bit & accepted that she'll just arrive when she's ready? :think:

I can't explain how liberated I feel at the moment. I've been trying to work out all day why I feel so calm and just, great?! I always just assumed everyone hated being overdue?

I can NOT be the only overdue (and happy) pregnant person, surely?! Come on overdue ladies, let's celebrate for no more pressure!!! :cheer: xxx

Aw, I'm pleased for you.

Ignorant question though, are you worried about induction or do you think it's going to happen by itself?

Aww yay for no pressure! I know what you mean hun! You expect to be mad or sad but kinda feel fine with it all!!

NickyB said:
Aw, I'm pleased for you.

Ignorant question though, are you worried about induction or do you think it's going to happen by itself?
That's not an ignorant Q hun lol :hug:

I'm not worried about induction & I'm not sure if it'll happen by itself :think: Hard to tell! I think I may refuse an induction though depending on how I feel nearer the time...

I have a MW appt on Thursday so will discuss it with my MW (obviously if she strongly advises against it then I'll reconsider) but I'd rather experience it from beginning to end with my body doing the work and not a drip... Does that make sense?! :doh: :lol:

Things might change this time next week! I might be pulling my hair out desperate for this to end! If I stay feeling the way I do now though, then I'm pretty sure I'll refuse an induction (if MW supports the decision).

x

:lol: yay!! :cheer: congrats hunny!
i know exactly what you mean about the whole releif thing, i was overdue with my DD.
it got to the 23rd and i was like im so releived my day has finally come and she wont be sick if born now or too small and fragile ect ect it was just reassuring that baby has her full time in the womb if you get me? i was quite happy to keep her inside as she was happy and snug in there but she was breech and decided to turn getting her cord wraped around her neck in the process so i was push to have induction as i had already refused the c-section. all they do is stick a pill inside your moo and you wait for the contractions to come. no drip or anything. she was three days late and i was sad that she had to come out by induction i felt like i was forcing her out when she wasnt ready. but out she came, two hours of active labour, perfect and healthy 6lb 6oz on the 26th Oct 2005 at 5.54pm :) Evie will probably decide in three days (all bets on Monday :wink: ) that that will be her chosen birthday and make a quick entrance :D

Congratulations Dannii, heres hoping Evie's not long for the world now :hug:

Kathy x

Wahey congratulations on your overdueness and the pressure finally being off :hug: hope she comes quickly for you now lovely and all on her own too :hug: :pray: xxxx

The best thing about going overdue is when people ask how long you've got left you can say actually I was due X days ago! People seem to think that if you're overdue you're going to explode any second, they kind of step backwards away from you!

Good fr you, kid...enjoy your overdueness!!!! 8) :lol: for a while...then be a good girly :angel: and have your baby naturally....this is a message for Evie : Now young lady, your mum would like a couple of days of peace and quiet and then you can get yur skates on, and come into the world! :hug: :hug:

Lisa

its sometimes a good thing if you don't feel bad about being overdue hun! i think you feel so calm because you know that little Evie will come in her own time :) (bearing in mind thats coming from someone who doesnt have kids lol)

dannii87 said:
I have a MW appt on Thursday so will discuss it with my MW (obviously if she strongly advises against it then I'll reconsider) but I'd rather experience it from beginning to end with my body doing the work and not a drip... Does that make sense?! :doh: :lol:

That makes a lot of sense! Part of me wishes I could have went naturally but also a part of me was glad I got induced as everything happened in a hospital with midwifes around me. I was always scared that I'd go into labour alone and not be able to get a hold of Ewan or my parents.

If you are happy that is the main thing. :hug: I was 1 day overdue and already like 'Induce me!!' to my midwife! I was very desperate to get the lil madam out! :rotfl:

My only advice is enjoy these last few days. Although I hated being pregnant towards the end with the SPD, crutches, back pain etc when she was about 3 days old I was missing being pregnant and feeling all the movements and kicks. Even her hiccups. :)

I think I can understand.

When I was getting to the last weeks, I had a lot of impatience of not knowing whether it would be 2weeks, 4 weeks or any moment! I think getting to the due date, relieves a little pressure as you know for sure it's any day now!

I was also getting fed up of people asking how long to go, and if I said 2 weeks it was a mix of 'oooh not long' or 'oh you still have some time left then' and being able to say 'any day now' would have been a slight relief!!

I'm standing by my phone though, very excited to get 'The Text' :cheer: :cheer:

Whooo congrats Dannii, let's hope Evie isn't too long in coming now! :hug:

dannii87 said:
I'm officially overdue... but PLEASED about it?! :think:

I've been waiting for midnight to strike! :rotfl: :shock: This is NOT normal!!

I always really felt for overdue women because I thought "oh poor things, having to wait longer than they'd hoped" etc and felt sad for them... I still do (if they are upset at being overdue)... I always prayed I wouldn't go overdue too... :think:

My reasons for being pleased about it are that the pressure is FINALLY off! :cheer: I feel like a load of "oooh I think she'll be early" comments I can finally lay to rest and just enjoy this time now... People know I'm overdue, and seem to have laid off a bit & accepted that she'll just arrive when she's ready? :think:

I can't explain how liberated I feel at the moment. I've been trying to work out all day why I feel so calm and just, great?! I always just assumed everyone hated being overdue?

I can NOT be the only overdue (and happy) pregnant person, surely?! Come on overdue ladies, let's celebrate for no more pressure!!! :cheer: xxx

I get what you mean Danni I've been getting asked for about 3 weeks now
'is she here yet'
'you've not had that baby yet'
'you felt any twinges'
'Ohhh you've dropped not long now'
I feel like screaming 'f*** off' im not even overdue and i get bombarded with silly questions, :wall:
peters family ring his mum cos they 'have a feeling' something has happened... WTF :roll:
remind me of bart simpson in the car
are we there yet ? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?
same frigging questions everyday.

god help them when im overdue muhahahahahaaaaaa :evil:

maybebaby said:
The best thing about going overdue is when people ask how long you've got left you can say actually I was due X days ago! People seem to think that if you're overdue you're going to explode any second, they kind of step backwards away from you!

:rotfl:

I did that last night in Asda.
I was queueing for my curry (yes, I gave in and had a curry!) and a girl next to me with her LO asked 'when are are you due?' I replied with 'I WAS due on Monday!' and they promptly stepped back.

Her mum was then in histerics as Ian started poking me as if he was trying to 'pop' my bump! LOL :lol:

I'm overdue now and I'm calm on the baby will be better off inside for a little longer side of things but crapping myself on the I could pop any time now side. I'm now booked for an induction on Tuesday too! I really didn't want another one but they will be happening under different circumstances, so i feel a little better. :)
Apparently baby is getting a little too big too and I've been booked as soon as they could book me for the induction, I'll be 41+1.

Here's hoping I pop before then...... eh??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back