i'm off to hypnobirthing classes

annem

Reaction score
I'm so excited as i have my first hypnobirthing class this weekend :cheer:

Has anyone already had one?

no, but I have managed to book my NCT ones!

Good luck :D

well i got mine for a bargin of £150 from http://www.hypnoclinic.net/ as they sub people who are not earning much (i'd been off work for 2months due to my morning sickness and my OH had an op).

They vary in price but i've had only good things about hypnobirths like speeding up the birth!!!

Lucky you Fothers, I was going to do NCT but they could not fit me in till after the birth!!

Hooray! Good luck! I loved every single second of ours!

LucyBee said:
Hooray! Good luck! I loved every single second of ours!

Thank you, oh great glad you thought they were good!! did it work well for you?

I had my first self hypnosis class last week and really enjoyed it.

Mine run for 3 weeks and I'm given a CD to listen to and to use during labour.

It is run by my local hospital so it's free, but can be difficult to get a place.

At 29 I was actually the youngest there. The other 7 girls were betweeen 37 - 41. I was really surprised at this as I am one of the oldest at my parentcraft classes. I wonder if it's more older mums 2 b that sign up for these classses. ? ? ?

I quite fancied the hypnobirth classes but don't know if there are any near me. I was thinking of getting a CD or something though.

I have had my name on the NCT list since 7w pregnant so had to do a bit of advanced planning to get a place! :rotfl:

I chatted to midwife about classes when I saw her yesterday about the NHS classes now- seemingly they have changed it all in our area and you just get 1 now that covers an ideal birth, a tour of the labour and delivery ward and then a couple of one to one sessions on breast feeding and alternative pain relief methods.

Yeah i think its one of those things that an older group of people do. I would never of heard of it if it was not for my sister that teaches baby yoga and massage so is in that field.

They have sent me a book and CD. Got to get reading today. Got two classes which are from 10-5 so should be good :D

Thats great that your local hospital is doing it! I don't think many people have heard of the benefits.

Fothers how organised are you getting on the NCT list so early :rotfl:

The NHS only give parentcraft here!!

i've pm you!

just want to know what to wear and what to take? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member