I'm just so happy!

Xena

Reaction score
Finally after 15 and a half months of our boiler being broken, and the three of us living with no central heating and no hot water, we got a new boiler today!!!

We applied to get one through that government scheme Warm Front, and we were awarded a grant of £2700 to replace our broken boiler, and it finally got fitted today.

Oh the simple joy of turning on a tap and having HOT RUNNING WATER! It has got to be one of the most wonderful things in the entire world.
You don't realise how much it's missed until you don't have it anymore. The past 15 months has been hellish!

I'm going to clean my bath tomorrow (after 15 months of not being used it's a bit dusty now lol [we showered in other people's houses]) and tomorrow evening I'm going to have the longest most luxurious bubble bath ever.
AHHHHHHHH HEAVEN!

aw I'm not surprised your so happy, I remember when I was a student we didn't have hot water or central heating and it was awful. I can't imagine it with a small child. I don't know how you've coped for this long.

Enjoy your bubble bath :D :hug:

OMG you poor thing i went barmy after 2 weeks of the boiler packing in 15 months! u enjoy ur bubble bath

I can't believe you last 15 and a half MONTHS!? I would go mad after 2 days!

Get yourself down to lush and buy some lovley bath goodies to celebrate :D:D:D

worse part of it was that when it broke it was christmas eve (2005) - was absolutely mortifying being christmas eve and all!

obviously after a while we got used to it, but when it first broke I thought the world was going to end or something lol!

But it's all good now and I can't stop grinning :D

OMG :shock: I can't believe you went 15 months with no hot water. It must have been a nightmare. I agree with Urchin, get some lovely bath goodies, candles, music and have a nice long hot soak!

i completely understand the joy of simple hot running water, it feels like a luxury doesnt it! our boiler died last september and we were heating-and-hot-water-less for about six weeks. goodness knows how youve coped for 15 months!! :shock:
wish i'd known about that government scheme thingy. new boiler cost us £1500 :(

oooo enjoy ur bath.... sounds lovely just what i could do with! :)

i went two months with no boiler (but i rent), and that was bad enough!!it was snowing as well.

Hope you enjoyed your lovely bath!

Gosh.......you've held out well for so long, I woild have gone insane.

I hope you have the most relaxing, bubbly bath ever.....enjoy it!! Make sure you ban your DH from interupting then light some candles, add a bath bomb.......and grab a good book!! Enjoy Xena :cheer:

blah - the water coming out of my hot tap is all cloudy and funny looking, plus my kitchen sink is totally and completely blocked. I've poured some drain unblocker down it but it hasn't done a damned thing!

How do I go about unblocking it? It's totally totally blocked - water isn't even trickling down. I've had to scoop it out with a jug and throw it out of the window!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back