I'm going to admit it's hard being a mum....but it is suddenly falling into place :)

positivity :)

Reaction score
Pointless thread but i just wanted to put it out there that my little man is 13 days old today and I can honestly say the past two weeks have been the hardest of my life. I wasnt prepared for the emotional turmoil at all. I thought I would have that 'instant love' but I didn't :(

Iv been anxious and carried a continuous guilt around since he arrived which neither I or my OH expected nor knew how to deal with it....

BUT! The past few days it's fallen into place and suddenly it has become enjoyable :) my confidence has grown and I 'think' the baby blues are starting to shift :yay:

I know there are lots of babies arriving at the moment and lots due over the next few weeks so thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else struggles too xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
:hugs: I've had times where I've felt exactly the same too. It's always reassuring to know others are going through the same. I think its the sheer exhaustion for me more than anything else. But at the same time I would do absolutely anything for her :) xx

Perfectly normall to feel like that Hun, its a shame mws etc don't warn you. i remember when Tegan was about 10 days old wondering why on earth id had a baby. soon faded though! xx

I remember saying that the first 2 weeks were hell on earth!! It gets better and keeps on getting better every day!!! xx

Thanks girls, the mw's should warn you, I feel like im the worst mum in the world for having those thoughts but it's nice to know I'm not the only one xxx

I remember my son being born and he was so perfect but such hard work. I thought he was too good for me and deserved some better people looking after him. It was just the baby blues though.

:hugs: Glad its all finally fitting into place for you :)
I'm sure your a perfect mother and your baby blues have disappeared. xx

I wish someone had warned me of those thoughts and feelings too. I felt like such a horrible person and mother when E was born.

As soon as she was born and placed on my chest I said to my OH that I didn't want to hold her. I didn't feel that love that I thought I would and I didn't want to touch her. He was the one who reassured me that I would feel different after some sleep and that it was just because I had been through so much and not slept for so long.

After he left that night, I couldn't sleep for ages and just cried at the thought of not being able to cope. However he was right and after I had a sleep, I couldn't wait to hold her and didn't want to be too far away from her. I still do feel guilty for having those thoughts and feelings on that very first day, I put it down to not being prepared or even aware that those thoughts could occur.

Last edited:
Owen was in special care for a week and when he came home and I was left on my own I remember being petrified!!! Begging for my oh to hurry up and come home! But, it took a couple of weeks and as u say things fall into place and you just enjoy it!

Glad things are falling into place pos - they always do!

I never realised what it would be like with a baby either, thought it would be all sweetness & light & nice baby stuff. Thought other ppl who couldn't cope weren't strong enough - oh how wrong I was & going in with that attitude only makes it worse.

I think ppl do warn others how hard it is - but I think its something no one listens to. ( I didn't ) - how many times have u heard in ur lifetime ppl saying how hard it is having a baby - I always thot pahh a cpl of sleepless nights looool....

:oooo:

Thanks girls :love:

Littlemiss, I was out with friends tonight and was discussing this with my best friend (she has 2 kids) she seemed to cope perfectly with her lo's but tonight told me she went thru the same with her first and said 'I told u being a mum is the hardest job in the world but knew u wouldn't get it til he arrived' so it's like u say, u hear it a million times but don't actually take it in.

Pinky - u are amazing too xxxxx

I felt exactly the same as you do pos and with me I found it hard that Leo would calm down easily with my mum and oh but I the i think it was due to my tiredness and pain from spd and stitches still being there just feel tired and frustrated all the time. But woke up today feelin so proud of my little boy for only waking up 3 times which is brilliant for him and can't wait for more of these feelings to come xxx

I felt exactly the same as you do pos and with me I found it hard that Leo would calm down easily with my mum and oh but I the i think it was due to my tiredness and pain from spd and stitches still being there just feel tired and frustrated all the time. But woke up today feelin so proud of my little boy for only waking up 3 times which is brilliant for him and can't wait for more of these feelings to come xxx

Aww bless him :hugs: hope Ur ok xx

I remember when my son was born and I was a single parent leaving him crying in the moses basket and me huddled in the corner crying and rocking hugging my knees like a mad woman. I thought I was gonna have to give him up cos nothing I did worked and he clearly never liked me!!!! But one day I laid on the bed with him next to me and we made eye contact and I had this overwhelming feeling of love for this little man I had made! lol. This time round I'm not gonna beat myself up over these feelings they are normal. xxxxxx

I remember when my son was born and I was a single parent leaving him crying in the moses basket and me huddled in the corner crying and rocking hugging my knees like a mad woman. I thought I was gonna have to give him up cos nothing I did worked and he clearly never liked me!!!! But one day I laid on the bed with him next to me and we made eye contact and I had this overwhelming feeling of love for this little man I had made! lol. This time round I'm not gonna beat myself up over these feelings they are normal. xxxxxx

Wow that bought tears to my eyes if I didn't have my OH I don't know how I would have got thru :hugs: xx

Wow that bought tears to my eyes if I didn't have my OH I don't know how I would have got thru :hugs: xx

When we are mums we do what we have to!! lol. I think everyone of us does the hardest job in the world having all the responsibilty for the little person we are raising!!! Every mum deserves a big medal!!! lol The day I became a mum I have never been so proud or grateful (or sorry)for my mum. xxxxx

Last edited:
Yeah I'm ok pos. Just can't wait for all these aches and pains to go away so I can just bond with my boy. He's a lot better today though I think It's.because he had a better sleep today.

I agree leannesxb I never felt so grateful for my mum as u did when I became one myself. I Remember a pe teacher teling us how when she had kids she felt the same about her mum and all of us girls thinking what a load of rubbish but becoming a mother really opens your eyes to a.lot of things xx

I had this too! It gets better... loads better, trust me :) Enjoy your little man xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back