Im going out of my mind - so upset

nutcase109

Reaction score
I cant take it!

So overdue now and so upset. Feel like my body is broken and still feel miles away from labour. Not even a twinge.

Feel like a failure.

Booked in for a horrible induction so can say goodbye to my natural home waterbirth and any hope of the birth I so wanted.

I just dont know why I got myself into this mess in the first place. Who am I kidding, Im not cut out to be a Mum, I dont know what to do with a baby and my whole life has been turned upside down and I am so upset.

Does / has anyone else felt like this being overdue? Or do I really need a good slap?
:cry:

Oh you poor thing. I can't sympathise (yet?) but I know your birth or homebirth doesn't mean you;re not cut out for being a Mum.

Aww, I don't know what to say. You know it'll be worth it very very soon! :hug:

Oh hun! :hug: You're only feeling this way because you feel under pressure and feel as though your body has let you down by not going into labour! It's not that you'll be a crap mum, the fact you soooo want to meet your LO is enough to show us all that you'll be a fab Mummy!

You lost your plug yesterday (or day before, can't remember :think: ) which is a good sign!! You said yourself that you started to wonder if your body was actually working! :lol: It IS working and has looked after and nourished a baby for 41 weeks and 3 days now... Of course it's working - A little TOO well maybe and that's why bubs wants to hang on in there a little longer! :hug:

I don't think this will help much but the birth is JUST the final episode. No matter how it is done, we're all going to go through it and the end result is the baby we've longed to meet for so long. You never know, your LO may decide that tonight/tomorrow is the "right" time and will allow you your homebirth :hug:

The anticipation alone gets us down and the waiting and not knowing. xxx

Thanks girls xxxxxxxx

Trying to stay rational is so hard. Think the boredom of being on my own all day is not helping.

Will get on with it xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks again

Your are NOT a failure! You have cared for and nourished a baby all this way! Longer than you hoped, but baby is obviously happy and comfortable in there, so you’re already doing a great job as a Mum!

Whatever the way the baby comes in to this world, you know you only have a very few days to go, if you think back how many days you have been pregnant, it’s such a small amount left it will fly by!

And no twinges doesn’t mean things aren’t close! Sometimes these things start slowly, other times they can’t start when you are least expecting it in the most random places.

Put your feet up, pamper yourself and close your eyes and think about how lovely things will be the moment your baby is in your arms ?

I felt like you, I had planned to have a hospital birth but with as little intervention as possible (I was up for pain relief if I needed it).

But the days ticked by past my due date and I was booked in for induction at +11. In the end I had an emergency section and even now I sometimes feel like I missed out or failed an important part of motherhood and failed my daughter.

Its all rubbish though, how you give birth is not related to how good a mum you are and it took me a while to get that into my head.

However your baby is born you wil be a great mum, none of us knows what its like till we're there, looking after someone else's children can give you an idea but its not the same.

So long as you love your baby and do your best then your baby will be very lucky and happy to have a mum like you!

I really do feel for you, it must be really frustrating. On a positive note you will definately have your baby VERY
soon. Good luck hun xx

I was in the same boat as Becky i went over due but Collier would not come out after my waters went i had o contractions i had an induction then a c section so i know how you feel i planned for a warter birth at hopsital but that wnet out the window

YOU OUR NOT A FAILURE SWEETIE :hug: as my James keeps telling me i carried our son 9 months ans went through all hat pain to have him and i should be proud of myslef

and so should you youve caried your baby all this way and im sure youw ill be a fantastiv mummy no matter how you give birth :D
if you want to pm me im here :hug:

Awww hun it's the hardest time when you go overdue! I'm 5 over now and going out of my mind. I went 14 days over with my son and I was a wreck! It really does feel like your body isn't working and I know what you mean about feeling a failure but your not hun. You're doing so well and your baby will be here very soon. It's such an emotional time and going overdue feels longer than the pregnancy! I don't think anyone can prepare you for it, everyone jokes about going overdue but when it actually happens it's a complete shock to your nerves. I really hope your baby plays fair and it all starts soon. We're all here for you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nothin to add but to agree with everything else everyone has said You are not a failure babe :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: loadsa Love Sarah xxxxxx

I hope your LO gets a move on for you soon :hug:

And don't worry, you aren't a failure :hug:

Oh girls all your replies made me SMILE!!! :D

Thank you SO much.

I cant tell you what a lifeline you girls and this forum have become, especially since going on maternity leave.

Thank you, so much xxx

Just wanted to agree with everyone else. It must be so frustrating coz at the moment you are on tenterhooks and every twinge will have you thinking, 'this is it'. And I bet you aren't leaving the house either which will give anyone cabin fever - just prowling around picking up baby-gros and waiting. (Or is that just me?) :wink: It'll all be absolutely fine. Baba will come when baba is good & ready. And all this will be forgotten. As for being a cr*p mum - rubbish and I know we have ALL had moments like this. Too much time on our hands at the moment to think about things. When baby is here you will be too busy doing it to think about it. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back