I'm driving myself mad!!!

TeeUK

Reaction score
I am driving myself nuts!!!!! WARNING.......Question.....Information overload

Ok...anyone shed any light on this....

If I go by my last period sometime between last week in July and first week in Aug I would have been in my 10th week....

My periods range from 24 - 37 days between cycles

If I had ovulated late say around 29th Aug I would be 6 weeks...right?

I have been using this due date calendar......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/pregnancy_calendar/

I was defo feeling preg a week before I got a possitve on 6th Sept (lots of symptoms)...but would I have felt preg so soon after conception (with 2 sacs)

I thought I had preg symptoms in middle to end of Aug...could it have been ovulation symptoms? .....I had cramping on one side of lots of cm, bloating, frequent urination, and pain during intercourse.

Would empty sacs show at 6 weeks or would they see something???

Would I have light bleeding (no pain) no symptoms (except sore boobs other symptoms stopped 2 weeks ago when discharge started) if I was still preg with two babies????

I took a preg test this morning and it was still strong lines, would lines fade if there were no babies????

OMG........I know I am clutching at straws but it's driving me mad!!!!

you best bet is feet up and wait till ur scan next week to see whats going on hun, stop driving urself mad and stressing as u are going to make urself sick!!!

ur test was positive thats a good sign so just wait for the scan, i know its hard trust me i do as ive waited a week for mine and i have another weeks wait now, but im staying calm for my babys sake and so shud ypu xxxx

the lines do start to fade if you have miscarried but im not to sure how long this takes.
did they see a sac?
did they take blood from you to check hcg levels? if so what was the result and when are they re testing you?
if you got a possitive on the 6th sept then you would be more than 6 weeks gone hun

i am so sorry you are going through this and are left in limbo x

I know your right Lou....I think deep inside that worst has happened but I'm so mad at hospital for making me come back in two weeks....I can't even begin to grieve yet....feel like I'm in limbo

if u do want to do anything to make you feel better just keep taking a test every few days, as long as the results stay possitive babys getting stronger xx

Midnight.....they saw two sacs....they didn't even take bloods!.....I was in such a daze I didn't even ask questions......possitive on 6th Sep would make me further along.....how much further you think?

Lou....I have one test left, I think I'll wait another week before I test.

Do you think it's worth buying one of those tests that tells you how many weeks you are?

Would that shed any light you think?

When I have had mc my lines on tests didn't go until about a week after the mc.

Hope that helps you Hun.
I really hope you get good news next week!! X x x

Be a few days before I can get one though...I think I'll try it....got nothing to lose eh

I dont want to give you false hope, but my friend has had really long strange cycles since she came off the pill, she had her period a few weeks before me and I am due 2 weeks before her, so it can be possible to have got caught later than you thought she was taking pregnancy tests for ages all coming up negative then she waited 2 weeks and finally got a positive about a month after I got my positive. do you know what date you took your first test was it faint or strong line?
I totally understand how you feel about being in limbo, they dont really tell you much at the hospital either I found. Did they say how big the sacs were measuring? did they say they were a funny shape? i know with my 2nd sac they never told me anything except for expect some bleeding when you miscarry it. but i wanted to hold onto anyhope that they could find another baby in there whilst i knew the sac was still there, once i knew the sac had gone i managed to deal with the fact that i had lost that baby, i know i was very lucky that i still have 1, but whilst the sacs are there, there is still a chance.
I understand you taking the test but i'm sorry i think even if the sacs are empty it will still show positive because your body thinks you are pregnant. Is there no way they could get you back in next week for another scan instead of making you wait 2 weeks if you explain to your gp the amount of upset it is causing you.

quick question if anybody knows do you start producing the hormone that detect pregnancy before the egg implants or do you only start after it has implanted?? just because if you start producing the hormone before hand it could of implanted later than average giving the explanation to people who's dates are so out?? you would think i would know this being on my 5th wouldnt you

quick question if anybody knows do you start producing the hormone that detect pregnancy before the egg implants or do you only start after it has implanted?? just because if you start producing the hormone before hand it could of implanted later than average giving the explanation to people who's dates are so out?? you would think i would know this being on my 5th wouldnt you

after it has implanted and it can vary from anything as little as 5 days to as much as 14 days so big leway to dates really there

mummyofmany......the first test I took was slighter lighter than the other one, two weeks after that they were same colour.

They didn't really say anything about size or shape of sacs (they looked round to me).....the woman who did it said things were not progressing for a 10 week scan, the doctor will explain things to you......all the doc said was, we see two sacs but nothing in them, we want you to come back in two weeks to make sure your dates are not wrong.

I had to press them for weeks to get this scan I doubt very much they will push it up to a week.....

Last edited:
for example isnt a chemical pregnancy when the egg is fertilised but doesnt implant?? if so you must give out hcg levels as people find themselves with possitive tests early only to find that their period comes or have i got the understanding of chemical pregnancies totaly wrong?

i really hope that its just your dates are out, i hate the way the dont tell us anything, we are left guessing if they gave us more information like sacs seem to be wrong shape, collapsing, perfect shape size of 6 weeks sac etc at least we would know a bit more. make sure you take it easy for the 2 weeks.

for example isnt a chemical pregnancy when the egg is fertilised but doesnt implant?? if so you must give out hcg levels as people find themselves with possitive tests early only to find that their period comes or have i got the understanding of chemical pregnancies totaly wrong?

i think a chemical is where it doesn't implant properly something like that basically the pregnancy ends before a heatbeat ever starts

i think a chemical is where it doesn't implant properly something like that basically the pregnancy ends before a heatbeat ever starts

yeah thats how i thought it was but people still get possitive pregnancy test dont they so therefore it is possible to detect pregnancy before it implants and prob more so if it was twins so the chance is the pregnancy is just to early to detect through scan iykwim does that make sence??

I am so hoping that that is exactly what it is, i know with my test it was extremely dark when just a week late so i reckon mine would have definatley picked it up a week after ovulation and mine was twins to start with.

Thank you ladies for all your imput....I have decided that I am just going to take it easy and wait for next scan...driving poor bf nuts.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back