I'm Back!

dannii87

Reaction score
I was sooooo upset and angry earlier, but now I feel a bit better lol :lol:

Right, so I was waiting ages (which I was ok with), went in to see the "consultant" who turned out to be a trainee doctor :roll: I explained my concerns and she said "I'm not a consultant so I can't make that decision, sorry" and went to send me home! :shock: I said no way, that I was BOOKED to see a consultant and that I wasn't leaving til I got an induction date :lol: So, she (being a bit funny) said "OK Danielle, induction date is Saturday" with a snide smile :evil: I told her I don't want to wait that long so she went to speak to someone & came back and said I would be induced Friday (@ 14 days overdue) :wall: Still not what I was hoping for so I was a bit upset.

Anyway, she checked the HB and gave me a sweep (which I didn't even know she was fucking doing until afterwards! I was livid!! I wanted a sweep, don't get me wrong, but she didn't even tell me what the hell she was doing!) :shock: She said the HB was fine, but to me, it sounded like the placenta... :think:

Anyway, when she left the room, a nurse came in and I said I thought the HB the trainee doc found was actually mine, so when the trainee doc came back, the nurse said to check the HB again. The trainee doc sighed and did it, found a HB and said "see?" I told them I still think it's the placenta so she called a MW in. The MW said it WAS the placenta and told me to go straight to delivery because they couldn't find the HB :cry: I was devastated!!

Got to delivery and I was fuming about the appt. I just started crying and the MW got all teary, put me on the monitor, came back and said that she would bring me in Thursday for another sweep (in case this one doesn't work) and then induction Friday.

Evie is still facing my spine & is now 3/5 engaged instead of 2/5 engaged from yesterday!! :cheer: She monitored a few BH and said they were really good and might be doing something! :cheer: (They're not painful).

I'm getting some cramps but that'll be from the sweep I expect. I'm not expecting it to work, so my next big day is Thursday where I get another sweep! Then Friday morning (9:00am) I'm getting induced by pesserie(sp?) :D

It's not ideal, but we're getting somewhere. So Friday is the big, BIG day :dance: xxx

Oh & just to add... I don't know if this is normal, but my sweep felt like she stuck her fingers up my BUM and not my VAGINA!! :shock: Oh god, I hope she got the right hole lol! :pray:

dannii87 said:
Oh & just to add... I don't know if this is normal, but my sweep felt like she stuck her fingers up my BUM and not my VAGINA!! :shock: Oh god, I hope she got the right hole lol! :pray:

I would like to think that a doctor would get the right hole but after saying she got the hb wrong then anything is possible :? :lol: .

Good Luck for Friday then chick.

I'll send suome of my left over labour dust, you never know it might help you go in before Friday!

*XxX*xx**xxXX**xxXX :hug:

Oh Dannii you poor thing!!! What a day of it you have had! And how awful to give you a trainee that obviously has no idea wot she is doing.

Good news about Evie being a bit more engaged and :dance: for a date at last.

Please dont shout but i did :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: at ur second post about your bum!!!

Well done you for telling them it wasnt good enough! They should be more helpful so good on you for getting what you went in for. That trainee sounds awful :twisted: but glad the MW was better. And it sounds like the sweep might be doing something if you have cramps and you may not make it to Thurs or Fri so fingers crossed for you! (Ps. :rotfl: about the wrong hole, that would be the last thing you need done to you right now!)xxxx

Aww what a frustrating appointment hun :hug:

Possibly it felt like your bum because Evie is putting so much pressure down there :lol: They do say giving birth feels like having a big poo but I'm pretty sure babies don't come out of there :D

Glad things are progressing for you and hope you don't need a sweep this Thursday :hug:

GGGRRRRRR at your doctors!!! :evil: I would have been fuming too hun, the way you have been treated on several occasions during your pregnancy is quite outrageous, and frankly not good enough! :shakehead: Sounds like maternity services in your area need a major shake up!

Anyway,...so sorry it didnt go the way you wanted, but at least things are moving forward a little now. You never know, the sweep might be enough to kick start things for you :pray: But either way, at least you know that by the weekend you will be holding Evie in your arms, and believe me all this will be forgotten and it will all have been worth it! :hug: We are all waiting with baited breath for the 'Dannii's in labour' thread!! This has got to be the most anticipated birth this year since Angelina Jolie's twins! hehe :lol: Anyway, will be thinking of you hun, sending you lots and lots of labour dust and hoping little miss doesnt keep you waiting much longer. Good luck! :hug:

Hee hee OMG if she did get the wrong hole then lets hope she isnt you doctor on Friday! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Im sorry it didnt go as planned hun! But so glad the last MW was so much nicer and that they listened to you when you were concerned!
My guess is that "doctor" will remain a trainee if she carries on that way! :evil: :evil:

Fingerscrossed that the pains your feeling are something other than just pains because the "doc" stuck her fingers up your bum!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hazel said:
dannii87 said:

I would like to think that a doctor would get the right hole but after saying she got the hb wrong then anything is possible :? :lol: .

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh Dannii, you poor thing, I really feel for you :hug: :hug: :hug: What a bloody polava (sp????) - first a trainee when you expected a consultant and then the placenta drama :wall: God, as if you're not stressed enough as it is! :hug:

I really hope the sweep works and gets things going for you poppet :hug: Get some :sleep: - you never know, your cramps might develop into something more :cheer:

Take care honey,

C xxx

Oh sheesh Dannii that's scary - all the registrars I met were lovely (and always double checked their decisions with a consultant if they weren't sure) so if you end up with another hopefully they won't be the same!

I go on holiday on Saturday so Evie must be here before I go. I INSIST ON IT WEE GIRL, GET OUT! :rotfl:

Hope that the sweep gets things moving for you :pray:

:hug: :hug:

dannii87 said:

haha sorry to laugh, good luck anyway hun xxx

I'm so glad your finally getting somewhere. Sorry you had a crap doctor (if thats what you can call her!) but well done for sticking up for yourself and insisting they check for the HB again. Hope the sweep wasn't too uncomfortable and will be thinking of you friday :hug: :hug: Get loads of rest for the big day! :hug:

Good for you putting your foot down! I'd be too scared and i wouldn't even know if they got the heartbeat wrong!
At least you know things will be started on Friday and you'll have little Evie soon! Fingers crossed she'll come before though!

That trainee woman sounds like a right twat! It annoys me that they waste ppls time like this grrrrr!!!

Wd you for standing your ground and not leaving, i wouldnt be having a bar of it either tbh!!

Roll on Friday then hon!! So glad shes still in a good position what a good girl for Mummy!!

x

Ooooo, I'm guessing you will go into labour tomorrow and have evie early thursday morning.
This is what happened with my Jessica after a sweep and It's her 1st birthday on Thursday.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: It starts something for you. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aw bless you, that sounded so sh*t!

However, Evie's engaged and facing your back. You've had one sweep, will have another and have been given a date for the pessary, horrible appointment but good endings :D

Bless you, I really hope the sweep has given a nudge and Evie starts to make her move real soon for you, that doctor definitely needs more training, glad you found a lovely MW to support you, and very very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back