Im back....

sarah1

Reaction score
Hiya everyone
Well its been a while but I am back....if anyone remembers me?! I'm TTC after m/c in April, took a 2 month break to get married and feel better after some complications after mc. We've been ttc again a few months and not pg again yet. I'm very scared that the mc has affected something and it'll never happen for us, but going to keep trying.
Unfortunately my husband has also developed terrible 'performance anxiety' around when I ovulate (even if I don't test!) so things are pretty difficult and stressed! and to top it all off I had to take redundancy from my job so also dont have a lot of work at the mo. Any ideas for a distraction?!!! All my friends are either pregnant or have little kids, but noone at all knows we are ttc or had a mc.

Just got my AF yesterday for this cycle - knew it was coming as had no symptoms. I have figured out my cycle is weeeeird too - I ovulate between 21 and 25, then LP is only 10 days... weird.

Anyway, looking forward to being in touch with you all again through this VERY difficult journey xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Sarah :)

You were before my time - sorry about your m/c, but congratulations about your wedding... oh and sorry about the redundancy.

It's been quite up and down for you recently :shock:

I loved my wedding day. I thought it was corny when people said it was the best day of their life - but i think it really was at that point :love:

If my husband started freaking out, i'd probably take him totally out of the loop. I'd lie about when i was on my period etc so he was off guard and then just play it down, lull him into a false sense of security and BAM!

What OPKs do you use? Does seem a bit weird... i love my clear blue fertility monitor :)

Best of luck to you :good:

Hi Louise - nice to meet you! Yes I agree about the wedding - we went to Gretna Green just with a few of our family, it was lovely. Came at the right time in all the horrible other stuff!! I was actually feeling really fine about ttc as was in such a great frame of mind after getting married, but then last week found out some good friends are pg with twins - i'm happy for them but I felt soooo crappy about myself.

I've tried not telling my husband anything but I can't hide my periods as I have IBS so I tend to spend a day or two feeling reeeeeally ill with the pain. I don't tell him when I ovulate but I think he knows as its about the same every cycle. This month perhaps I'll pretend I have ovulated early or something, aarrghh its so annoying!
I've used a few different types of ov tests but prob not gonna bother with them this month - I only used them last month as thought I wasn't ovulating after mc, and they basically went from no line at all to two very strong lines! I wish I had a cycle that was like 26 days or something, hate having to wait so long each time. How are you finding TTC? Any signs/symptoms this month for u? xxx

I'm feeling the pressure to get pregnant asap - i'm sure everyone else in ttc is sick of hearing about it by now lol

Basically i live far away from family so the village community is really important to me and it's mainly OAPs but there there are a few middle aged couples and they are all pregnant!

Even my friend who had an ovary removed about 5 month back is nearly 16 weeks and i want my child to have friends int he village in the same school year :roll:

I'm finding ttc okay really, but i think that's because i've got actions plans in place - things to try to encourage ttc along - and they might not work but at least i feel that i'm doing something :)

I'm due to test on 30th and i did have a lot of discharge at one point, but now i'm feeling a few typical AF signs so i reckon i'm buggered for this cycle :dohh:

Last edited:
hi sarah! you were here before my time too but just thought i would pop in and say hello! sorry to hear of your miscarriage - i know its hard but good to see you are back on track again, best of luck xx

i wasnt gunna read and run but what she said^^^^^ i was going to put exactly the same lol!! and lousieb il keep my fingers crossed for u as i do everyone in this forum as i think everyone in here are amazing n deserve it more then anything :) good luck xx

Welcome back. I'm also back on here a bit more now after being too busy to get online for a while.

Still trying, it's nice to see some people on that I recognised from back when I first joined, nice to seen new people and I can't help but feel a little bit jealous that some of the people I used to see a lot of have moved on to the bump boards. ;)

Hola! I know loads of people have moved on, but we newer ones are v nice I promise (well maybe not me) and hope to see lots of you on the boards xxx

Hi Kizzibea - I remember you being in TTC last time I was here. Know what you mean about everyone moving to other boards - hopefully its us next!! Everyone else, good to meet you! Hope to have lots of good chats with you on here and lots of baby dust to everyone :) x x x x x x

Hi Sarah, im a newbie too joined beginning of september. Congrats on your wedding and sorry to hear about ur MC.
OH and i are TTC for our first baby and are in the 3rd cycle. Everyone is really nice and helpful and dont forget a little bit bonkers! Which i suppose helps sometimes.

Hope you get your BFP soon xxx

Good luck for tomorrow Louise xxx

Last edited:
Yeah, it's got to be our turn soon.

I'm a bit torn about getting more obsessive and tracking everything again or just relaxing and seeing how things go. Of course, I'm seeing symptoms everywhere lol.

Know what you mean! I'm also undecided this month. I used opk last month as I wasn't sure I was ovulating anymore - got a positive result so guess I am doing. I think I prefer to know when its getting near af instead of getting excited for no reason but then I think it might make us more relaxed to not track everything :S hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :S

I know, I wasn't even bothering to track when AF was due so it really confused me even though I always sort of know when the witch is on her way, it was hard to work it out without knowing exact dates, so I'm keeping an eye on dates this month and that's a bit less stressful.

I ordered OPKs off ebay months ago but never got around to using them, so I think I'll get them out next month because that way I'll have an idea of when I'm oving and maybe the month after go back to temping because we'll probably be going to see a doctor in the new year if nothing's happened by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back