I'm a little confused

Reaction score
Hello.....I'm a little confused I found out I was pregnant at 3-4 weeks (thank you clearblue digital) and went to see my GP straight away as I have had 3 miscarriages and 1 'suspected' miscarriage in the past year.

He told me I was a 'high risk' pregnancy and was to be closely monitored - since then I have had no contact with him and have only got my scans cause I went to A&E with Hives and had several piriton injections and I found out today that I also had a steriod injection!!!!!!! (Which was not asked for!!)

He has not sent me to see a mid-wife has not taken any blood test's and I'm confused if I'm high risk why am I not being looked after properly??

When do you normally see a mid wife I have so many questions and I'm fed up of phoning/chasing the doctors all the time???

Any help/advise?? I'm considering paying privately to get the answers I need x

Dont give up chasing the docs, make another appointment and go in and ask them your questions. I'd have thought being high risk they'd have done more. Maybe see another doc at your practice?
Congrats in the pregnancy :)

hey, congrats on your pregnancy! :)

You usually see your midwife between 8 to 10 weeks. I just called in my surgery as soon as I found out and said that I'm pregnant and I want to have an appointment with a midwife (I read on NHS website that that's what you should do). So the midwife called me back the next day, we had an initial chat about my dates etc, and made my first appointment. That's when I got my pressure checked and all the blood tests done. No GPs were involved at all.

Maybe you should call the surgery and ask to talk to a midwife too?

Keep chasing them, ring before 8am and voice your concerns with a receptionist & ask to speak with a midwife asap! Good luck x

Thank you me and my partner are really happy :) seems like we have been waiting for ages for this to happen

Have just spoken to the receptionist at my surgery and have been told I will not be referred to the midwife untill I am at least 8 weeks :wall2: and won't be able to see her straight away so it looks like a nice long wait for me

I'm so frustrated and upset x

Just spoken to my other half and we are going to pay privately for another scan next week when I'm 8 weeks

He's getting a bit annoyed to think its the stress x

i have found even if classed as a high risk pregnancy they wont really do too much more until you are further on. I am classed as very high risk this time around and I have had less monitoring so far than my last pregnancy at this stage. i would say if you are worried i would push the doctor to send you to EPAU for a reassurance scan due to miscarriages. Most doctors are very understanding, if not you could try calling your EPAU direct and speaking to a midwife there.

i lost my last child at 30 weeks and I had a miscarriage before that and i have only had one reassurance scan at 6+5 weeks. We saw a heartbeat so they just sent me on my way. Next scan is not until im 12+4 - seems a lifetime away! The doctor loves to remind me that there isnt a great deal they can do at this stage x

Rosie thats crazy. Im low risk and as soon as I saw my Dr I was made a midwife appt and Ive just picked up my maternity pack with all the vital info and leaflets etc in. The midwife will then make me a scan appointment. Id keep on at them hunny thats not good enough. :) X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back