Confusion and worry

PyscoFalcon

Reaction score
Okay saw doc today and was told whart meds to stop etc and to carry on metformin for now since it helped so much with everything (loosing weight,m depression, tiredness,lethargicness etc)

Then took my blood pressure which was over a 100. She asked if panic attacks etc and I said nope just trying not to throw up :lol:

So she said cos I'm high risk to book in to see mid wife next week.
Well at reception they said no you see midwife at 8 to 10 weeks.

Told em to argue with the doc hehe and booked in for Monday as that's only day she's at that surgery.
Got a pot to pee in.

So yeah I'm confused cos on phone to make docs appointments they said had to be 6 weeks then reception today said 8 to 10 weeks.

Doc told me to talk about early scans and stuff with the MW cos of all problems I've had in the past but seems like I might have to fight with em to get it :(

first midwife appointment seem to vary. If it is an ordainary pregnancy ie not high risk like yours then they seem to see you 8-10 wks in, but I like you am high risk and am going next week to see my midwife and I will only be six weeks.

Once you are in hte system the midwife will decide how often they see you depending on your health etc and your hospital appointments.

Try and stay chilled to keep that blood pressure down!!!

I know it's hard!

Take a breath! No offence to any receptionists out there, but they are just that, they are not really used to people who are a little diffrent from the norm.

My Doc was happy to see me the day I found out and the midwife, when I phoned her the same day was happy to see me at the next clinic which would have been yesterday (at 5+2).

You won't (ok, shouldn't) have to fight the midwife, who will understand your high risk and need looking after, all Midwives want are happy and healthy babies after all.

But if you come up against a brick wall, tell them your Doctor has said you need to see the Midwife early, you need early scans and these are your right.

Hope it all goes OK for you x

Just ignore the receptionists. The doctor asked you to make an appointment, and although it's true most women are booked in for 8-10 weeks, your case is different xx

Cheers guys.

Trying to stay calm but dosen't help when parents been stupid and bullinging on phone as usual and they don't even know yet. Really not looking forward to meeting them next week!

Midwife appointment is Monday 2:30pm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back