confused

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
:? Hi all

I'm really confused, i've just read a book on pregnancy and according to that my baby is nothing at the moment and hasnt even implanted yet??? I'm so confused and wondered if anyone out there could shed more light :rotfl: Sure it would have implanted otherwise I wouldnt have a positive pregnancy test?

Yes, you are right. Your body doesn't start producing HCG hormone (the hormone that makes a test positive) until the fertilized egg has implanted.

Don't worry about it, alot of the pregnancy books are based on women with text book cycles so they are often inaccurate.

I like the BBC calender as it gives you some detail everyday about how your baby is developing http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/pregnancy_calendar/

Are you counting 3 weeks and 6 days from your last period Bowmanzoo, or from conception? xx

Ok, well you probably ovulated early or something - baby must be a strong one to be detected so early :D

It would make sense that you either ovulated earlier than average and/or the fertilized egg implanted quicker than average. This would explain why some books place you as being further behind than you really are.

Don't worry about it, as I said, most of these books assume a standard 28 day cycle with ovulation on day 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back