If its not one thing....

Charlie:-) said:
Hi TillyTots,

I had exactly the same symptoms, burning when I went to the toilet & needing to go a lot but not a lot going on when I went (annoying cause it hurt so much). I also noticed a slight discolouring in my cm. The doc sent me home with a swab to do my own & when the results came back I had a slight infection (which explained the cm) and the burning and needing to wee a lot was thrush. Got some cream and its almost gone, the midwife said its very common in pregnancy.

I really didnt think it was thrush because it was more like cystitis but the test proved otherwise.

Why dont you try a natural remedy for a few days like natural yog, especially as youre at home, I cant think of anything worse than going to work with yoghurt on your bits!! :rotfl:

Hope you get it sorted.

was it just thrush you had as you said you had a slight infection? Did you have to take tablets or just cream? my symptoms are exactly the same. I have had a pessary for thrush and I am using the cream for it but its not doing all that much yet. Im definately going to try the yoghurt tommorrow, Ive done it before - deffo not something you can do at work :rotfl:

x

Tillytots said:
was it just thrush you had as you said you had a slight infection? Did you have to take tablets or just cream? my symptoms are exactly the same. I have had a pessary for thrush and I am using the cream for it but its not doing all that much yet. Im definately going to try the yoghurt tommorrow, Ive done it before - deffo not something you can do at work :rotfl:

I had a minor infection as well as thrush. I was prescribed penicilin for the infection & some cream for the thrush. Todays the first day I havent used the cream but its started to itch (sorry a bit tmi) so think I will carry on for a few more days. Antibiotics can aggrivate thrush and sometimes cause it so I think I wil continue with the cream for a bit longer.

Charlie:-) said:
Tillytots said:

I had a minor infection as well as thrush. I was prescribed penicilin for the infection & some cream for the thrush. Todays the first day I havent used the cream but its started to itch (sorry a bit tmi) so think I will carry on for a few more days. Antibiotics can aggrivate thrush and sometimes cause it so I think I wil continue with the cream for a bit longer.

thanks hun, hope your itching stops soon! It just drives you nuts doesn't it and it isnt like itching your elbow :? !!! I may go and ask for swabs to be done tommorrow then to be on the safe side :D
x

It does sound like cystitis but i wouldnt rule out a UTI either! I would change doctor if your doctor is crap.. to be honest I don't know who can do worse than an NHS doctor telling me I had a HIGH PROSTATE!? (I'm never gonna get over that one and will be teling my grandkids that story when I'm 90 - or when their old enough to know what a prostate is!!)

I also have a problem that whenever I go to the midwife checkup appointments they ALWAYS find protein and traces of blood in my urine, then she panics about me having a possible UTI. I always go 'yeah yeah whatever' as every single time they send the sample to the lab it comes back completely negative!

I now drink two glasses of cranberry juice a day and as much water as I can swallow without gagging! All the best hun xx

hope you feel better soon. Your doctor sounds as crap as mine. Mine said 'oh well we dont really bother with anything until the second half of your pregnancy, theres no point really until then' :shock:

Sounds about as good as my doctor! I went when i started to projectile vomit everywhere after my m/s had stopped and the doctor said it could be a virus and obviously this could lead to miscarriage- i felt so bad after i left, i wasn't at all worried that my sickness was going to lead to miscarriage before then.

I just went home, relaxed forgot about what he said and concentrated on making myself feel better.

I'd just do what the others said and treat yourself for thrush with creams and try not to worry :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back