If its not one thing....

Tillytots

Reaction score
Its another! :shock: OMG :shock: I have such pain when I have a wee now and I need to go every minute - its got to be cystitis or something like it, maybe thats what is causing the agonising pain Im in?

Im off to docs in 10mins so hopefully they can shed some light on it

x

Oh Tilly you are going through it bless you :hug: :hug:

I do hope the doctor can help you xxx

Fingers crossed that you have a better week next week :hug:

aww hun hope the doctor sorts it out
i sometimes get this i find if i drink a pint of fresh apple jiuce it goes :)
manda xx

Oh no maybe you have a urinal infection then?? Let us know how you get on xxx

Sounds a bit rough Tilly. Sorry you're going through it at the moment. Big :hug: to you x

Does sound like cystitis. Thats exactly how I felt when I had it. I tried to ignore mine (naughty I know) and ended up having to go to hospital coz I was peeing blood.

Hope you feel better soon honey. :hug:

well Ive just seen the crappest doc in the world who just looked at me and said simply - I dont know..... :shock:

she tested my wee and said it appears fine so at least thats one thing but doesnt really explain the burning and pain. She did say however its very early days for me at 16 weeks and anything could happen still. To be honest Im fed up of hearing that lately, as if a miscarriage at this point would be 'just one of those things' :cry: I mean how pregnant do you have to be until people actually give a s**t :(

I know not all docs are like this so if Im still in pain tommorrow then Il go and see someone else for a second opinion.

The doc I saw reluctantly signed me a doc note for 2 days - until monday after asking me why Im not going to work even though Id already said the midwife suggested I rest :wall: :wall:

Im not so worried that anything MEGA serious is up, Id just like to be checked out for infections and if I have them to be treated but to keep being told by snotty people that 'oh anything could happen' is quite disheartening.

Im just glad I have you girls to keep me sane and happy :hug: :hug:

xx

Poor you, your Dr sounds rubbish!

Make sure you drink lots of fluids as if there is any urinary infection then it will help clear it up. Lemon barley is really good for UTIs.

If you're not happy with the Dr's assessment then defo get another opinion, or perhaps call your midwife and chat to her about it.

I think its appalling that Drs say that there's nothing that can be done before 16 weeks if things go wrong - I know this is probably the case but they don't have to say it to your face!

Have some of these and take it easy :hug: :hug: :hug:

sunnyday said:
Poor you, your Dr sounds rubbish!

Make sure you drink lots of fluids as if there is any urinary infection then it will help clear it up. Lemon barley is really good for UTIs.

If you're not happy with the Dr's assessment then defo get another opinion, or perhaps call your midwife and chat to her about it.

I think its appalling that Drs say that there's nothing that can be done before 16 weeks if things go wrong - I know this is probably the case but they don't have to say it to your face!

Have some of these and take it easy :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww thankyou :hug: :hug: Im working my way through a bottle of Lemon Barley now :D so hoping it helps, it usually does.

xx

aw hon. that's even more rotten for you. i know a lot of gp's aren't renowned for their sympathetic nature, but she sounds worse than useless!!

you should def go back tomorrow if you're not feeling any better - and see someone different!

sending huge :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww hun sorry the doctor was crap
also try cranberry and apple (not together) they should help aswell :)
manda xx

She did say however its very early days for me at 16 weeks and anything could happen still. To be honest Im fed up of hearing that lately, as if a miscarriage at this point would be 'just one of those things' Cry I mean how pregnant do you have to be until people actually give a s**t

That's horrid, isn't it? I remember hearing that a lot. "Oh well, it's still very early...". I was just pleased to get to 12 weeks.
Even at a midwife appointment when we were 17 weeks she said "Oh, it's still early".

Early? EARLY? 6:00am is early. 17 weeks pregnant is not!

I think it's really bad when they say the pregnancy isn't 'viable' or whatever until 24 weeks, thats way over halfway there..I think pregnancy is viable at any stage cause it's a life, some women can feel movement at 14/15 weeks..I think it's really sad :( Hope you are feeling better soon Tilly, I used to get infections like that all the time but thankfully pregnancy has cured it! Just drink lots of water :hug:

poppy160 said:
I think it's really bad when they say the pregnancy isn't 'viable' or whatever until 24 weeks, thats way over halfway there..I think pregnancy is viable at any stage cause it's a life, some women can feel movement at 14/15 weeks.

But by "viable" they mean "can live independently of the mother"..... unfortunately a baby couldn't live independently of the mother at 14 weeks....

Tilly.. fingers crossed...for you... get lots of rest - do nothing but sit in bed with chcolates and dvds I say :)

Llys said:
poppy160 said:
I think it's really bad when they say the pregnancy isn't 'viable' or whatever until 24 weeks, thats way over halfway there..I think pregnancy is viable at any stage cause it's a life, some women can feel movement at 14/15 weeks.

But by "viable" they mean "can live independently of the mother"..... unfortunately a baby couldn't live independently of the mother at 14 weeks....

Tilly.. fingers crossed...for you... get lots of rest - do nothing but sit in bed with chcolates and dvds I say :)

Ooops sorry :oops: Placenta brain.. What I meant was is a baby not classed as a person until 24 weeks? Because of certain laws that are in place and stuff..I think I'm getting confused :lol:

It's just horrible when you are pregnant and have a life growing inside you and everyone keeps saying "it's still early". It's just not comforting.. :(

DebbieM said:
It's just horrible when you are pregnant and have a life growing inside you and everyone keeps saying "it's still early". It's just not comforting.. :(

I agree!

First it's 12 weeks.. now they're saying 16 weeks..

Soon it'll be "oh when it's born!!!!!"

Hi TillyTots,

I had exactly the same symptoms, burning when I went to the toilet & needing to go a lot but not a lot going on when I went (annoying cause it hurt so much). I also noticed a slight discolouring in my cm. The doc sent me home with a swab to do my own & when the results came back I had a slight infection (which explained the cm) and the burning and needing to wee a lot was thrush. Got some cream and its almost gone, the midwife said its very common in pregnancy.

I really didnt think it was thrush because it was more like cystitis but the test proved otherwise.

Why dont you try a natural remedy for a few days like natural yog, especially as youre at home, I cant think of anything worse than going to work with yoghurt on your bits!! :rotfl:

Hope you get it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back