Cystitis

keelie_b

Reaction score
Well, its me moaning again.

I've suffered with cystitis reguarly since i was 8 so its not new to me. I've had it today and i always find relief by getting in the bath the heat on my stomach is quite soothing. I know all the usual stuff like no bubble bath drink loads ect ect. And when i get it i know to drink gallons, and take a couple of those cystitis sachets.
BUT i've read that i cant take them whilst pregnant.
So what can i take? i need something i have something wrong with my bladder and suffer bad to the point if i have it i cant walk with the pain.
Its not the sort of thing i cant just wait for it to pass its unbearable.
Any one else suffering and any advice?

Thanks.

Hey hun, poor you! I've not suffered from it, but I've been told that drinking cranberry juice is good for the bladder as it gets rid of crystals in the bladder that causes cystitis. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon. x

Hi :wave:
Yea i know cranberry juice is supposed to be quite good as a preventative but it makes me sick :wall: :wall:

Awww no! Is it because it's acidy?
I'm really sorry hun, not much use here as I can't think of anything natural that could help. :wall:

Thats ok!
Thanks for replying, i dont know what it is about cranberry juice just makes me really sick, not allergic i think its just a strong disslike to the taste. Its like coffee, im not allergic but if i even taste it on my lips im sick! Think its the taste.

Im a lost cause really :wall:

Hiya,

I really feel for you as cystitis is awful! I had it so bad once i actually fell aslep on the loo.. its hell!

Being pregnant you cant take the sachets but i think you can take cymalon. However, this only masks the symptoms and doesnt cure the problem. You need to make a docs appointment and get some antibiotics. Cystitis is very common in pregnancy but can be quite nasty as it can effect the kindeys quicker so you need to get treated.

Hope you feel better soon,

Claire x

Try Lemon Barley water - my wife has this quite often - has suffered for a while - and this is her alternative to Cranberry......

Jimmer

There are antibiotics you can take for cystitis whilst pregnant.
I had it when i was pregnant with my son, it started as a result of having to drink loads of water before my scan and being left to wait for so long with a full bladder!
i didn't get it treated straight away and it resulted in quite a severe kidney infection which was very painful.
Id get to the docs and get some antibiotics.
Hope your feeling better soon :hug:

tallulah73 said:
i didn't get it treated straight away and it resulted in quite a severe kidney infection which was very painful.
Id get to the docs and get some antibiotics.
Hope your feeling better soon :hug:

Thats what my doc said.. They even told me to ring the out of hours number if it got bad so please dont leave it. All the drinks in the world arent sufficent enough when you are preggers.

Claire x

I too have suffered from this regularly since I was a kid. :wall: and dreaded getting it while pregnant BUT

:cheer: :cheer:

I did get it and asked doc (I was 21 weeks at the time) and he said it would be fine to take the Cynamol Sachets as normal.

Check with your doctor - he may say to avoid it as you are a little early still than I was, but always worth asking as it can get worse if you leave it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back