Still getting this pain, its worrying me!

happy-chick

Reaction score
Right i still keep getting this pain (the stronger one that I've kept getting) and im a little worried. I went to GP on friday and she said its not a water infection and its just where my uterus is causing pressure & just to take pain killers.

I keep getting a sharp stabbing type pain kinda a little higher than my left ovary on my abdomen, it woke me up in the night and its quite frequent now. Its not excruciating but its defo there, i keep expecting to be bleeding or something when i go to loo :(

Ive used my doppler as not felt as many kicks last night and today and found the heartbeat around where the pain is coming from, could this be her lay on something maybe & causing pain?

I'm not sure what to do, whether i should be concerned or whether im worrying unnecessarily :?

could it not be braxton hicks??

although after i had my 12 week scan, i had a pain all night which was throbbing and wouldnt go whatever i did, and the pain was exactly where the sonographer had been digging the scanner in, so could be your doppler? :think:

Kimbo said:
could it not be braxton hicks??

although after i had my 12 week scan, i had a pain all night which was throbbing and wouldnt go whatever i did, and the pain was exactly where the sonographer had been digging the scanner in, so could be your doppler? :think:

I havent used my doppler for weeks until today cos i hadnt really felt alot of movement so cant be that.

GP did say i could be getting braxton hicks but the pains kinda in one place & tum doesnt really feel like its going tight which makes me think its not that :think:

Maybe im just bein a worrier for nothing lol

If you are really worried about it, keep pestering your GP and try and get an appointment for a scan.. If not, pay for one privately. The money you spend will be worth the peace of mind that it offers and they aren't overly expensive..

I get a pain where my left ovary is, but its because the baby much prefers the left side and he moves over there and sticks his head on it.

But honestly, if you are worried, trust your instincts as a mother, and just push for a scan done. You know your body, and yes you might be worrying for nothing, but then it will be much better for you and your baby if you know everything is all right. If they don't find anything then you know that its just bubs giving you jip and they get much better at this when they are born.

happy_chick said:
the heartbeat around where the pain is coming from, could this be her lay on something maybe & causing pain?

sorry i read that bit wrong :oops: so ignore my previous reply! :oops:

ay down on the bed.. can u feel where the baby is laying.. i ofeten feel pressure and push the baby out of the way with my hands.. seems to work.. if ur worried dont go to dr.. got to hospital.. they will chk.. they know more bout u than ur dr will

It just doesnt feel 'right' if you know what i mean it doesnt feel like pressure as its a stabbing pain, my GP reassured me it was fine but im still worried as its got stronger and more uncomfortable.

Im gunna try and ring midwife or labour ward now....

Spoke to the ward sister and she said it sounds like ligament pain because of where it is & as ive already checked heartbeat etc then I didn't need to go in unless im really worried, i said ill see how i go on and if gets any worse think ill go down and get checked over.

Hope it eases up soon! I do know that ligament pains can be stabbing pains, though I would worry if it lasted more an hour or so. I get them alot and they can usually be relieved by lying down and finding a comfortable position. As you said, if it doesnt ease up just go in and get some peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back