Idea - how about a comp for best birth story?

Josephine_Beth

Reaction score
I was sitting here, thinking (let's face it, got too much time on my hands lol) and thought it could be a fab idea to have a forum competition for the best birth story of the year.

Something like the below, for 2007;

Best birth story for natural births
Best birth story for C-Sections
Funniest birth story
Most amazing birth story overall

What do we all think? Reckon we could convince the mods?

VOTE!

I voted no cos I don't see how you can choose the 'best' story. Each birth story is so individual and each woman has had such a wonderful experience I just don't get how you could choose :think:

i voted no for the same reasons as sweetcheeks, some people already think that there are groups of popular ppl on the forum and there would be no way of deciding a comp like that without a vote which could cause arguments. i agree a newcomp would be good tho, what about a pub quiz/trivia nite type thing?

xxxxx

I agree... i dont know how you can say 'this ones the best' and 'this ones crap' etc... every story is so individual. Reading mine back from last year does not even come close to what actually happeded. (and the feelings/emotions involved) id say id have to be a professional writtier or somthing to come anywhere even close to how it actually was.
I dont think it would work really. :think:

I agree with the others. No from me as well.

I agree with the others, you cant say that story is better then that one - could be very hurtful to people that are not included in it as your judging their childs birth in my opinion.

Its lovely to have ideas for comps (thanks to those who have PM'd me with ideas - keep them coming!), but I agree with the others, sticking to facts not opinions is often best. Then no one can take offense.

Valentine Xxx

I agree with the others. I dont think you could have a birth story thats the best, each one is special and unique and you could never say one was better than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back