Annie Florence Thomas (Belated Birth Story)

LuciaLeek

Reaction score
It all started on Sunday 31st July...5 days overdue when I decided to try castor oil in order to get things moving along.

I took 30ml mixed with 30ml of orange juice and half a teaspoon of bicarbonate soda at around 2pm and typed up my last post at about 5pm complaining that it hadn’t done the trick. We had dinner as normal and skyped the folks just before 7pm. I started to feel rather strange so I took up residence in the toilet for a wee while. The pains really kicked in by 7:30pm and were coming at 5 mins apart.

I got on all fours to sway my hips and still wasn’t sure whether the pains were contractions or just needing the loo pains! They soon became 2 mins apart and I told my DH to call the MW to tell her what was going on. She heard me moan in the background and told us to go straight in.

So, off we went to the Birth Centre at about 9:30pm. The MW checked me over and said I was about 2-3cm so we got ourselves settled into the room. A short while later I was offered the bath. The bath was lovely and things were moving along nicely. A couple of hours later I was told I’d have to get out for a while to avoid dehydration etc, so out I got and we went back to our room.
I managed to lie on the bed with DH and we both slept between the contractions. I became aware that it was light outside and I was 7-8 cms. I was told I could get back into the bath in an hour or so and that I would be checked again in a while.

I was checked and I hadn’t progressed so the midwife spoke to someone at the main hospital. It was decided that I go to the hospital to be monitored – I was gutted! Anyway, off we went and I was strapped up to a machine :( My contractions really started dying off at this point and so it was decided that I have the sintocin drip to get them going again.

I soon got to 10cm and was ready to push, but unfortunately the baby’s heart rate was plummeting with each push. The alarm was called and in rushed a load of people. The next thing I knew I was being prepped for a c-section. Whilst I was being wheeled to theatre, I was told that they’d attempt to deliver with forceps, but they weren’t too hopeful about this.

Theatre was jam packed with doctors which was a bit scary, but the main obstetricians got to work down below! I was told when to push as I couldn’t feel a thing and I heard someone saying, “Don’t worry if this doesn’t work, we’re all ready for a c-section if need be.” It was then I truly realised that a c-section was expected - I was determined to avoid this and pushed as hard as I could...three pushes later my beautiful, 7lb 12oz little girl entered the world at 15:59 on 1st August 2011 – I knew I’d end up as an August Mummy!

We’re so over the moon with her and despite a bit of a traumatic delivery for her, she is so placid and content! Although I didn’t get my perfect hypnobirthing experience in the Birth Centre, I do believe my hypnobirthing preparation helped to keep us focused and has had an effect on our little girl! :love:

Well done if you got this far in reading my loooong story! :lol:

Congratulations to everyone else on the births of their little ones and good luck to all those still waiting! xx

IM7_7946.jpg

My little forceps face! Awww

IM7_8011.jpg

One Day Old

IMG_0478.jpg

3 Weeks Old

Congratulations, I love her name, I guess your up feeding at this time of the morning lol xxxx

Congratulations hunny, she is gorgeous and i love her name x x

Congratulations Hun, look at all that lovely hair, she's gorgeous! xx

Congratulations! My Jack was delivered by forceps too and it looks like your little one got off just as lightly as he did! She's beautiful hun! :) x

Congratulations huni shes absoloutly gorgeous!Our sammy was forcep delivered and had a cone head for a day or so xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Aw, she's absolutely gorgeous! love: Congratulations! x x

Congratulations she is gorgeous and may I say what a fantastic choice of name! xx

Many congratulations - and well done indeed on avoiding the scalpel!! I have a daughter called Annie - I wanted to call her Florence but her Dad said no (no style that chap!).

Thank you for the lovely comments girls! I'm so chuffed with her hair! Ha ha! She doesn't seem to be losing it either - just hoping she doesn't get the dreaded cradle cap as it'll all fall out!

Annie and Florence are family names for us - Grandmother on Dad's side was Annie and my Grandmother on my Mum's side had Annie as her middle name. Florence was hubby's grandmother's name too.

I'm a teacher too so needed a name that doesn't have negative connotations! I haven't taught any Annies and there's only one in my school and she is lovely! It's a bonus!

Thanks again! xx

What a beautiful baby!!! :eek:) well done avoiding c-section. Aflie was forcep out, i hate the little bruises they get bless them!! xx

Awwww, congratulations! She's gorgeous, look at all that hair! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back