IBS

hugsy

Reaction score
I have always suffered with IBS on and off but ever since i got pregnant it has been worse than ever, It has not eased up in the last 3 weeks at all, I went to the doc and she gave me colpermin tablets which are just pepermint oil but they didnt help so I phoned today and different doc gave me Buscopan saying they were safe during pregnancy but when i read the leaflet it says DO NOT take if you are pregnant may become pregnant or are breast feeding, It also says this again under a different heading?

Is anyone else having the same problem and if so have you found any medication that wroks and is also safe and have you found any foods that dont trigger it

I only had one or 2 triggers before but not pretty much everyhing i eat leaves me doubled over in pain :puke:

On a side not, I have been totaly freaking out because the pain is so unbareable i have no idea how im gonna cope with labour which by all accounts will be a million times worse

Hey

Ive suffered with IBS for years and usually have a mix of can and can't go! (sorry tmi) anyway had periods of awful constipation whilst pg and doctor prescribed me Lactolose which has been greeeeaaaaat! Highly recommend!

Hope this helps and good luck xx

lactulose and fybogel seem to be the way to go lol. cant relate as i have acid reflux which is different but slightly similar as mostly the same foods kick it off. my OH has IBS tho so i can sympathise x

Don't have any solutions but didn't want to read and run. I feel your pain. I've always had IBS but since being pregnant it feels much worse. Just sitting at my desk can be so uncomfortable! I feel so bloated and bunged up (sorry if tmi) and it's just horrible. Will keep an eye on this thread for any good suggestions! Hope you feel better soon.xx

I had ibs and it was really bad in first tri - worse than before. However it magically went away after 1st tri and touch wood seems much better now so fingers crossed the same happens to you :hug:

Funnily enought mine has really cleared up to be honest. Are you constipated? If so then if you want to try natural things then try drinking loads of water, try eating apples (Ieat 2 a day now) and try prune juice. Might help a bit in the mean time??
xxxx

I seem to be having so much trapped wind lately it is really painful. When i go to the loo i feel so much better, being constipated doesn't help! Hope this doesn't continue the whole way through?

Thanks for the replys girls but unfortunitly constipation / the runs ( sorry TMI ) is not the main problem, again sorry but when i go i can go but it realy skinny little bits lol

The problem is the unbareable pain, about 3 hours after i eat it is like nothing in the world ( obviously il get a serious change of heart when i feel labout pains though haha) i actually started crying at my desk today it was so bad and the pain wakes me about 4 or 5 times during the night, i just cant take it im worn out and not eating properly because everything leaves me crippled with pain, Its just gettin me so down its been like this for almost 4 weeks straight now :-(

Too nervous to take the perscrition tabs now so gonna stick to the colpermin which is just pepermint oil so guessing thats safe enough??

Sorry for the moan

are there any foods you can eat/avoid to help? i know my fella cant eat spicy foods or anything too fatty and cant have anything with even a little lactose in it so he avoids these as much as possible

Usually its just extra spicy food over indulgence and stress that sets it off but I havnt eaten anything that hasnt left me in pain, yesterday i had a roast chicken for dinner, just chicken not even the skin literely just the meat n was still in a state, had pasta today so will see how i fair off cos i cant starve myself and my little applesead

i have ibs and and since taking pregnacare.....it's loads better..xx

realy freaked out right now, was looking up what ibs treatment is safe and apparently peppermint oil which is in the colpermin that I thought was safe is on the completly avoide during pregnancy and one site said it can cause birth defects, pulling my hair out iv taken them every day for the last week i didnt think they woud be hurting my baby i dont know what to do now, dont have a midwife yet so no one to call , i was allready nervous cos my pg symptoms have gone, no more sore boobs or nausia what if its gone and its my fault for taking the tablets :-(

Try not to worry hun, loads of people don't even know they are pregnant at your stage and do much worse and their babies are fine. You could always contact your epu at the hospital and speak to someone there, they may be able to organise an early scan to put your mind at ease :hug:

Try not to worry hun, loads of people don't even know they are pregnant at your stage and do much worse and their babies are fine. You could always contact your epu at the hospital and speak to someone there, they may be able to organise an early scan to put your mind at ease :hug:

Yeah might try call someone tmrw, so angry my doc told me they were ok and then says all over the net that its so dangerous, doc had said she would recomend a early scan anyway cos i have pcos and no regular cycel so hard to work out dates but that was a week ago and i havnt heard from hospital for bookin in app yet so not sure how long it should take or what happens, just so scared its not there anymore or it dammaged frm the pills :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back