IBS and Pregnancy

First Baby White

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and since becoming pregnant I have been having lotys of stomach aches and I am wondering if the pregnancy could be making my IBS worse and that all these aches and sharp pains are to do with that?

Does anyone else suffer from this that could let me know how they have been with it?

I was recenley diagnosed with IBS in the summer,
Early on in this pregnancy i was in so much pain with my stomach all the time, it dont seem as bad at the moment but i dreading the last few months. so i think the stomach aches are all to do with that as i was getting it too
Good luck hun, hope it settle abit for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Sarah113, its just worry because you automatically associate any pain with something bad but I think all of it is my IBS as they are similar to stomach aches I have always had!!

:wave: I have IBS and suffered with tummy pains in the first few months of pregnancy. Because I know what triggers mine (Pepsi and most junk food) I can control it, but I have been over-indulging recently with chocolate (Well, it is Christmas :lol:) and haven't had that many pains at all..just ALOT of heartburn :(

I suffered from IBS years ago and it seemed to ease off until becoming pregnant. I get lots of stomach aches and cramps i have it quite bad today and know what sets it off (Beans and I had beans on toast last night) but i have got a really upset stomach today and feel quite sick.

My GP just advised to take Gaviscon and that usually helps a little.

I have suffered from IBS for over 14 years and actually found that it got better during pregnancy. The first couple of months were tough, but after that, I found my symptoms disapeared and no longer needed my medication. Fingers crossed it's the same for you.

All I can suggest is really watching what you are eating and keeping an eye on what medications you are taking. Try to relax and look after yourself. xxx

I suffer from IBS too and i found it to be awful in the first few weeks of pregnancy, i was so paraniod about every pain, and i felt so sluggish, it's got a lot better recently but it still flares up, even now i worry that those pains are my baby not my IBS. I'm hoping that as its got better recently it'll continue to and be ok later on. I guess its jsut an uncomfortable thing for us mummys
Clare x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back