What can I take

robby1

Reaction score
:oops: i seemed to be suffering from an upset tummy having painful cramps and lots of wind and diarrea i had ibs before i was pregnant now it seems to be worse can i take colpermin it used to help me!

Not sure... check with your doctor, midwife or pharmasist. Hope you feel better soon x

I'm a pharmacist so I've looked it up - Manufacturers of colpermin say use with caution but all drug companies tend to say that. They think very little stays in blood so prob little likely to reach baby. Capsules contain peanut oil which may be worth avoiding depending on your risk factors. May be worth trying peppermint tea first? :)

I would go to see your doctor as I've been suprised to find that there are alternatives to medications like that and some are safe in pregnancy. Hope it eases off soon for you.

nomi said:
I'm a pharmacist so I've looked it up - Manufacturers of colpermin say use with caution but all drug companies tend to say that. They think very little stays in blood so prob little likely to reach baby. Capsules contain peanut oil which may be worth avoiding depending on your risk factors. May be worth trying peppermint tea first? :)

Peppermint in it's many forms did me well when I had bad stomach pains, but it did make me burp mint flavour lol :) mmm minty fresh :)

(sorry, but it did! :?)

Early on in my pregnancy I drank peppermint tea as I had terrible wind but after looking in up on the internet it said to avoid during pregnancy. Sorry not trying to be a scaremonger or anything but is it safe??

I'm sure if it wasn't safe it would be on the list of things doctors tell us to avoid. (And many of the things they mention are very low risk anyway - not that I'm advocating that you ignore them). Really, I'm not sure how much to believe of what advice I read on the internet. And I'm convinced that as soon as one person has a problem which they attribute to a particular thing it is then deemed a risk. But really, in the grand scheme of things, it's probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back