I want to sleep for 3 weeks :(

Lilmisshopeful

Reaction score
As some of you will know my gp is not expecting me to make 10 weeks. Had a scan at 6+5 and saw heart beat. Some times I'm calm but I have the most amazing other half but I just realised he only has 3 days leave left then he goes back to work. He is away 4 days before I see him then 4 more ect. How am I going to stay calm and relaxed when I'm waiting for the worst and I'm going to be on my own 4 days at a time. I just wish they could make me sleep for the next 3 weeks... Arghhhh needed to rant a bit. Stay calm they say.. Yeah right

Your GP isn't expecting you to make it to 10 weeks? Why?

I've had 5 mc before so am high risk anyways. My blood tests show low progesterone and it's falling

Hang I there Hun. I can't imagine how hard it must be to here a dr say that. I think sometimes they give bad warnings like that, to try and lessen the blow when something does go wrong. But I think they do it too much. Sometimes they need to remember the importance of trying to stay positive. Fx you have a sticky bean.

Thank you. I did have words with it telling it to hold on tight as it's going to be a bumpy ride lol. I have an emergency referral to a consultant just hoping it comes in time. Just under 3 weeks till the placenta takes over what my body is failing to do. Gp won't prescribe progesterone but hospital will its just if the appointment comes in time. Stressing is not the word

I was going to say why can't they give progesterone, that is crazy! What about trying the cream until your appt? I hope everything works out for you x

I was going to say why can't they give progesterone, that is crazy! What about trying the cream until your appt? I hope everything works out for you x

Some gp's give it but mine won't. What cream? Never heard of that just the tablets you pop inside

You can get a topical progesterone cream over the counter - have a google. Might be worth a go? Or maybe see another gp?? I'd put up a fight if its going to help you hun x

My normal gp is on holiday for another 2 weeks I don't normally see this one. He was adamant they won't give me them. It was the midwife who managed to get me the referral she is really nice. I'll have a look at the cream. Anything is worth a try. Not sure I can handle another mc

I hit my cream on amazon I think it's crazy they know its low but won't help u wat the fuck !! Mind boggles it does, hope it is all ok xxx

I hit my cream on amazon I think it's crazy they know its low but won't help u wat the fuck !! Mind boggles it does, hope it is all ok xxx

That's what I was like. I burst into tears and was like why can't you just give me them I'll pay for them if need be. He was just so blunt with it and said if I make 10 weeks and he can't see it then he will re test my blood. He made me feel like cos my history I was a waste of time. Then he tells me to stay calm :/

That's awful id complain about him so I would
Phone the midwife to see if she can hurry things along? X

I can't wait till my gp is back :( she said it was done as an emergency and won't take long but I don't have long if he is right and it's bank holiday weekend to top it all off. The hardest thing is he put a time on it. 3 weeks isn't long and I'm alone for lots of it sitting here worrying like mad I'm gonna start bleeding or it's stopped growing. I so want him to be wrong x

Omg your doctor sounds awful!!! That's so frustrating. What's his reason for not giving it to you? I'd be trying to get an appointment with any doctor under the sun or going to a&e or private or something. Surely he can't just refuse you?!!! Xxx

I can't believe your doctor, his attitude is so wrong. They're supposed to use your history to work out the best way to help you, not use it against you. I would try get an appointment with another doctor, you have the right to a second opinion and another doctor probably won't hesitate to give it to you.

I hope it all works out for you Hun xx

There's another doctor there but he is fully booked for weeks and I don't have that. He didn't give a reason he just said they don't prescribe it as it's not been proven to work yet. I think it's just cos it's expensive. We have said if the hospital appointment dosnt come very soon we are going to see a private doctor. It's proven in America they are still doing trials here. But might work is better than nothing. Thanks everyone makes me feel better being able to rant about it x

Even if it's not proven to work, it is worth a shot. Women having ivf are given progesterone as a matter of course. Can you try a different doctor's surgery? See if either they'll see you as a one off for a second opinion or if you can join permanently. I'd be wanting to move practices anyway with that attitude.

When you do complain, don't just complain to the normal gp, find out the official channels and make sure your complaint is dealt with formally.

I hope you get safely through the next few weeks. Try to find things to do to take your mind off it, buy or rent loads of comedy films or boxsets for the evenings when oh is away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back