I think my waters just broke

handbagqueen

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I didn't pee myself as I was lying in bed waiting for my dh to get out of the bathroom (so was wide awake) and could feel a trickle. I then got up and my shorts were soaked. I've called hospital and put a pad on but it seems to have stopped now. I have to call back at 6.45 and let them know but the midwife said I probably had peed myself- god I hope that I haven't really lost control ofmy bladder to that extent already! :rotfl: How embarassing if I have- i'll let you know later- but don't judge me if that is the case! :oops:

No that sounds like it is definitely your waters!!! Lie down again - you should find when you get up you get another 'gush' but the way you describe it sounds just like mine when they went :cheer:

Best of luck! You're at the right time too - you might have a due date baby :cheer:

Sounds promising to me chick, you should be able to tell the difference as your waters shouldnt smell. Good luck, hope this is it for you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hospital midwife still thinks I've peed myself! She said I can come in 'if I want' but to wait until 9am. Rush hour and busiest time at the hospital! great- thanks :roll: I am going to go in though cos I'll only worry about it otherwise. :pray: I haven't really peed myself. How typical that its not obvious for me!

My waters got broken for me when I was induced so I don't know what it feels like for them to go naturally. It felt like I did a big pee that I couldn't stop when my waters were broke though. Horrible feeling! I actually apologised for the mess I'd made... actually I apologised a lot that day. Hormones! :rotfl:

Nasty midwife telling you you've wee'd yourself!! Hopefully things are starting for you though! Shall keep an eye out today for updates! :hug:

My midwife told me the same and to put on a pad. She said to call back if it was soaked within half an hour. It was soaked in less than 5 so I went in and right enough they had gone.

Good luck and hope things get going! :hug:

Have you smelt them? :oops: I know that sounds gross but it's an easy way to tell :) I think it sounds like waters- GOOD LUCK! :cheer:

Mine was just trickling out so didn't have a gush or soak a pad but it was deffo waters. I bent down to pick something up and kind of crouched ad i found that was when loads came out- maybe try that

I'm pretty sure it would be your waters, i found it a completely different sensation to weeing.

How exciting, this could be the start of things for you :cheer:

Alex xxx

Oooh yay :cheer: I'm sure you can tell the different between wee and water hun :hug:

Sounds like LO is on his way :D

Jade&Evie said:
Have you smelt them? :oops: I know that sounds gross but it's an easy way to tell :) I think it sounds like waters- GOOD LUCK! :cheer:
Thats what I was going to say! Waters don't smell like pee!

Really praying it's your waters :pray: :pray:

And aren't you due today?! Wow! It's rare for babies to arrive on their due date you lucky thing!! :cheer:

:cheer: Come on baby!! Out you come!! xx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well, turns out its not my waters! I'm still adamant that I didn't pee myself but medical experts say I must have!
so embarassing- really got my hopes up. I'm also having really strong period pain like cramps every 6-7 minute which i was sure were contractions but when hooked up to the machine they weren't hardly showing.... sooooo I'm screwed! looks like I'm gonna be going for all the pain relief available rather than all natural!!
So there we go, i am now incontinent and have the lowest pain threshold in the world! I'm off to have a rest- someone please wake me when its all over!

Don't fret Isia!

They don't monitor the pain! Only the tightenings!! You might have been getting the pain without the strong contractions - in labour, you might get really strong tightenings (which show on the monitor) and the same amount of pain!

Anyway, it doesn't necessarily mean it's over! Obviously a tightening you felt must have squeezed your bladder or something! There is still hope - Today is not over - Not by a long stretch!! x

:( :hug: Aww how disappointing hun :hug:

As Dannii says, the day is not yet over :)

handbagqueen said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well, turns out its not my waters! I'm still adamant that I didn't pee myself but medical experts say I must have!
so embarassing- really got my hopes up. I'm also having really strong period pain like cramps every 6-7 minute which i was sure were contractions but when hooked up to the machine they weren't hardly showing.... sooooo I'm screwed! looks like I'm gonna be going for all the pain relief available rather than all natural!!
So there we go, i am now incontinent and have the lowest pain threshold in the world! I'm off to have a rest- someone please wake me when its all over!

You have NOTHING to feel embarassed about, we've not done this before so how are we to know? Also I don't think its about pain threshold maybe your symptom spotting and trying to connect with your body to see what the pain is so u can feel it a bit more?

Also like others said what did it smell like, wee wee smells stronger. apparently waters smell sweet. I agree with Danni, also YOU know your body better then anyone, I hope you prove those middys wrong and its very early labour :)

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back