i think my waters may have just gone

katrina1985

Reaction score
hiya,
Im 39+4 weeks gone now and i woke up this morning and (sorry tmi) i felt a trickle of water come out of you know where. it kind of soaked through the bed, but it wasnt like loads and didnt gush. Anyway i went to the loo and some more plug came away so just thought it might be that, so stuck on a pad and went back to bed. Anyway - about 10 mins later i needed another wee, so i went to the loo and my pad was a bit wet.....not too wet, but more so than when i have had discharge in the last few weeks.
I dont know whether it was my waters or not - what should i do.....the midwife care around here is appalling and my midwife is so difficult to get hold of.
i thought i would just wait to see if there are any further developments or to see if contractions start.
xx

Hi, sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I had a small leak on the Tuesday tea time then early Wednesday morning the rest of my waters went. I would give the delivery suite a ring as they may want to check you over. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I really don't know what to do hun, I've read that some women trickle whereas some gush....I just didn't want to read and run.

Could you not ring the hospital and see what they suggest if you can't get hold of your midwife? That's what we have to do here as you can only phone the midwives between 9am and 10am monday to friday.

Good luck xx :hug:

Could be your front waters too...!! When my waters broke in bed, I knew about it, lol... there was loads of it and it was everywhere, BUT the position of baby can affect the flow, LO's head may be blocking the cervix, meaning yours are trickling out..

Either way, call the hospital, have some breakfast, make sure your bag has everything you want in it, and enjoy your very last cup of tea - every cup after now will either be cold, or only half finished :lol:

Best of luck!

mine never gushed, but just leaked, so id defently ring the labour suite, they'll probably want you to go in to check you over :hug:

My midwife told me that if I think my waters have broken, it is important to have it checked out as if it is your waters, the baby needs to come out relatively soon to avoid infection. So better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps. :hug: Good luck!!

I know this sounds funny but smell it, you'll know if its waters. Some say it will smell sweet but to be honest I think it smells like sperm :lol:

Thanks peeps - phoned the delivery suite and they said to go in and get checked. Turns out it is just heavy discharge, and they said baby is almost fully engaged, but said they still couldnt see my cervix so she isnt on her way yet - hopefully she will come soon i am getting so fustrated sitting at home! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back