what worrys me more than the pain.....

LittleL

Reaction score
I dont know why, but more than worrying about the actual pain involved with the labour and giving birth, im more worried about my partner seeing me like that!!

It honestly keeps me up at night with worry.... I panic about how i will look during labour, legs in the air, panting and huffing like a horse, what if i accidently poop or let one go?!? Im soo worried that i've even though about asking my partner if he would wait outside the room whilst i give birth :shock:

Obviously im nervous about the pain but i can honestly say that i just more worried about my boyfriend seeing me in labour! it will be very clear in my birthing plan, that he is to be by my head at all times and not allowed to see 'below'. The thing is, He has been here twice before with his Ex so its not like he doesnt know what to expect... maybe thats why im soo nervous... maybe i worried about 'compairing' myself to his ex during labour..

Ohh dear, this sounds soo silly of me i know but i cant help it. Anyone else in my position?!?

laura xx

Not in ur posistion chick mines a bit more complicated I think, as baby is my exs' and he wants to be there at the birth but I have a new OH and he's going to be in waiting room, then my ex has a new missus and she wants to come to the hospital and im'm just so petrified that all these people want to see me in pain lol. I think i'm just freaking out bcuz everyone else is over 20 and i'm only 18 my ex is 25 and my OH is 24. I don't know why i'm so worried lol. xXx

Hey honey!
I know exactly what you mean. The thing that has helped me is watching one born every minute on channel 4 catch up online-it shows you lots of people in labour and it's made ms relax about what we will look like in labour! He will prob be brilliant and help ease this for you. Have you told him that's how you feel? I know my partner won't want to see anything that's going on down there as he is a bit of a wimp with that sort of thing.
Labour has crossed my mind a lot too lately, and I am wondering how I'm going to keep control. Like you hear of people screaming the place down and stuff, and I dont want to be like that! I want to learn how to breathe through all of it and just try and stay in control of the situation. That will help me too with the whole what I look like concept.
Hope that helps a little :) x

I wasn't worried about that but can see why people might be.

Honestly when it comes down to it you won't care! You are so focused on the contractions and the baby that everything else is insignificant.

I know what you mean hun although I'm not in that sort of situation, but I'm from a very 'straight' family, we don't show emotions to each other, no hugging etc, it's all fairly formal so I'm not used to being totally open with anyone. My OH on the other hand is from a completely opposite background, and is also training to be a nurse so he's not disgusted by anything and doesn't understand that I might get embarrassed!!
I think the key thing to remember is that it's YOUR labour, if you decide you want him out, tell the midwife and she'll shoo him out! You can argue about it afterwards, although that's unlikely cos you'll have just had his baby!! And it doesn't matter if he's already got kids, this one is no less important xxx

Oh and my OH said he wanted to watch baby being born which I wasn't so ecstatic about as I was a bit worried what he'd see and how I'd look down there so I said no way. as it happened the position I was pushing in he watched the baby arrive even though he was with me at my head and I didn't care about what he saw! Lol!

Hehe my OH will be down there between my legs with the midwives, he's so interested in everything! If that doesn't put him off sex for a bit I don't know what will :p
He really wanted to video it but that was a definite no!

Im not too worried about him seeing me like that am more worried about how he will be with me in pain and feeling helpless he will soon forget it all anyway once bubs is here

if i accidently poop or let one go?!? Im soo worried that i've even though about asking my partner if he would wait outside the room whilst i give birth :shock:

Obviously im nervous about the pain but i can honestly say that i just more worried about my boyfriend seeing me in labour! it will be very clear in my birthing plan, that he is to be by my head at all times and not allowed to see 'below'.

You are not alone on this one. I'm petrified of going into labour. The pain, if bby gets distressed n I have to have a C-section (as I want to deliver vaginally), my partner seeing me in more pain. He always looks like he is gonna crap himself wen I'm in tears n in agony. It's hard. Top it off I don't want him seeing the baby coming out. Im so scared that if he sees me spreading like a Venus fly trap he won't touch me let alone have sex with me.
I can relate as these things clock in my mind over n over
Ur not alone xxxx

my husband said seeing me go through labour to deliver our son made him love me more :)

hey - I'm sure that when it comes to it you will just be focused on baby
I wouldn't worry yourself, your partner knows what's coming and I'm sure will have 'prepared' himself for it
and all that will matter will be bubs so don't fret hun X

My Hubby is rubbish at being a real modern man, and being a gent when I'm pregnant, but when I get to d-day and have my section, I think he turns into super hubby as he finds what I have to go through much harder than his day and is just thankful that it's not him in my shoes, if you know what I mean, and so is great, he never says it, or mentions what he thinks of what I go through, but I know he thinks it. He gets me water, and holds my hand and I am always sick over him! and he doesn't bat an eye as he knows he is getting off lightly.

Take the day as it comes, your OH will be fine, and think you all the more braver for doing the birth thing and not he. Having said that OH never stands up in theatre when they offer , as he doesn't want to see me cut open.

Last edited:
These sort of things do worry me as well..I am the type who gets easily embarrassed! But i'm very lucky to have a supportive partner and I think he will be more worried about how me and the baby are than what is going on down below! Don't worry ladies, think more of yourself rather than what he thinks! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back