3/5 Engaged But Only 34 + 4 weeks

tlc1974

Reaction score
Hello all, I have just had my 34 week check up and I have been told the baby is 3/5 engaged and will probably be early around 37/38 weeks. I am now really worried as I know before 37 weeks the lungs are not developed enough and there could be other problems.

Does anyone know how long labour wil be before it starts at 3/5 engaged.

This is my 2nd baby but the 1st one was 14 years ago and I know with subsequent pregnancies the baby is not meant to engage until labour actually starts.

I really don't want to worry this much as I know that could also bring on premature labour.

Hope your ok! 3/5 engaged could still mean you might make it all the way :) good luck and do not worry too much

hopefully you will make it to 37 weeks which is classe as full term anyways

Hey, i know that my mate was 3/5 engaged from 36 weeks and still went on till full term.

37/38 weeks is still really good i am being induced at 38 weeks they wouldnt do it if it was detrimental to baby..

Good Luck hunni xxxxxxx

Don't worry too much about your LO's lungs, if your baby appears at 37 weeks, not a problem, this is 9 months. The hospital will be able to help your LO breath with an incubator.

My mum's friend gave birth at 34 and a half weeks, baby was weak but made it all the way. He is now a very healthy 7yr old :clap:

Good luck xx

yea but yr baby can also go from 3/5 back to 1/5 cause mine did.

wouldnt worry too much dont they give them tabs or injection to help with their lungs?

This happened to me... at 34 wks I was 3/5 but at my next mw app he'd backed off to 1/5 I ended up going full term...to the day to be precise :lol: :lol:
My neice had her little girl at 34 wks due to PE Ella-Hope didn't really have any prob's with her lungs I'd say 38 wks is a really good stage to have your LO... try not to stress yourself hun!! :hug:

don't worry too much - i was in the same situation and remained that way until 41 weeks!! I spent weeks convinced he was gonna come early so got very frustrated by the end!

good luck with the birth :hug:

Thanks for all your replies, I don't feel as worried now I know I might still go full term. I was just so baffled as to my the midwife would say I will only go to about 37/38 weeks?!?!?

There is definately too much pressure down there though as I now have piles and I have read you are more likely to have an epiostomy if you have piles, and I definately don't want one of those!!!!

If it is not one thing to worry about it is another, anyway hopefully not long now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back