Normal Weight Gained @ 30 Weeks?

Nicola

Reaction score
What's a "normal" or average amount of weight to have gained by the time your 30 weeks pregnant? I have a pretty good rough idea of what I was when I fell pregnant (never weighed myself and the midwives etc didn't weight me either) and decided last night to weight myself...I've figured out pretty much what I've gained but not admitting to it till I know what's normal/avereage by the time your 30 weeks??

ive put in about 1 and half stone but was overweight anyway. i think 3 stone is normal for a healthy woman tho

At 30 weeks I think I'd put on about 2 stone :think:

Everyones different though :)

Hi Nicola,

I haven't weighed myself in the last week or so but I weighed myself at 29/30 weeks (can't remember exactly when) and I had only put on 3lbs from my booking in appt at 12.5 weeks. However, I was very overweight (BMI 40 :oops: ) when I booked in.

I think though that I've actually lost weight from everywhere else (was really sick in 1st tri) but my bump is really small (although growth scans so far have said that the baby is growing perfectly and right on target) so bizarrely, I would like to be putting on more weight as I don't look very pregnant somedays!!

How much have you put on?

Love

Valentine xxx

Hey
I have put on 2 stone and have 4 weeks left. Its only in the last few weeks or so that I have gained half a stone. By 30 weeks I had gained 1 and a half. They reckon that your normal weight gain is about 2 stone depending on water, baby, placenta and gowing boobs etc. Hope I dont put on much more though.

Ok perhaps I'm "normal/average" then I recon and this is roughly as I don't know my exact starting weight, but that I've gained just about 1.5 stone to date, I'm 29 weeks so figure I've not ballooned as much as I thought I might have. I figured around 3 stone was normal for a healthy pregnancy so I'm feeling better about my 1.5 gain now! Thanks ladies :hug:

i put on about a stone but lost a lot due to morning sickness try not to panic and just be carefull what you eat

Firstly there's no 'normal/average' pregnancy weight gain, we're all different, eating as healthily as poss, getting fruit and veg as well as the choc's hehe and being happy is what matters, we're growing babies not pigging out :lol:
To date I've put on about 2 stone, but most of which came from around 34 weeks, before that I was quite bump-less :)

I have put on about a stone from my normal weight so far....

BUT I lost a stone when I was really ill at 6 - 8 weeks, so in reality I have put on 2 stone, just I had one in the bank, if you get what I mean....

i have not put on any weight since booking in to docs, but my bump is measuring big for dates! baby has been scanned and is bang on normal size so i'm happy. i wouldn't worry too much about what you gain (or even lose) as long as bump is being measured and mw is happy with it. your metabolism speeds up during pregnancy so some women do lose weight and it doesn't mean the baby is suffering.

godbless

lisa xxxx

I've gained about a stone up to now but was a stone overweight to start with :oops: I was told to expect to gain about another stone in the last 10 weeks but not sure how accurate this is.

I read that the average weight gain was about 28lbs (2 stone). Of course it's never exact and everyone is different. With my first I gained 4 1/2 stone!! :shock: With this one, so far, I've gained about a stone and I'm happy with that. :)

Hey to put your minds at ease, i was massively overweight when i fell pregnant again, put on 6 st with stephen and didnt really lose much.I am however medically obses, but i dont feel it and dont have flab hanging everywhere so stuff it!
My blood pressure has been normal at every check up and they have had no problems concerning my weight.
I have however not been careful as such with my weight this time either, but have only put on 11lb so far, i guess thats down to my hectic lifestyle and forgetting to eat as i d sometimes!

So i woldnt worry about it, i plan to lose some weight after phoebes born, but i have more pressing things to worry about!
If it comes off yay, if not its slimming world and learning to eat sensibly.

Redshoes said:

we're growing babies not pigging out :lol:

:oops: oops

How about a lot of both? I'm 26 weeks and about 2.5 stone heavier. I'm squeezing in veggies and fruit between the pizza and ice cream and still taking pregnacare to make sure the baby's getting all the nutrients she needs.

Thank you so much for all the replies, I really do feel reassured now.
I don't think it's such a big deal what I gain in honesty, I'm just overjoyed to be pregnant at all...I just wondered what everyone had gained by around the 30 week marker so I know I'm not growing a baby elephant in there, my tummy is huge!!

I think soe people just have bigger bumps then some, maybe its something simple thats making your bump look big, ie the LO is laying at a odd angle.

LOL eightball :wink:

And whatever you've put on Nicola is your normal, and it's all for your beautiful baby :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back