I really can't cope!

ERIN84

Reaction score
The title says it all :-(. I dont know what to do anymore.

Emily used to be such a happy baby and I dont know what's happened. It's now 3am, she has been screaming since 12.45. Rob has just taken her downstairs to see if that helps? We have tried everything!!

It's not just tonight, it's in general. I just feel like I can't cope. I get annoyed with her too easily and I'm clinging on to the time everyday counting the minutes till rob gets home so he can take over :-(

:( I really feel for you. Is it teeth or a sore tummy? I'm not all that good with advice but I can say you are doing a brill job. It will surely get easier the older she gets. I do the same everyday, when Den gets home I pass her over for a "daddy cuddle" so I can have time away from her. Den doesn't get why I need to do this but she is very draining :(

Hope she settles soon xx

:( I really feel for you. Is it teeth or a sore tummy? I'm not all that good with advice but I can say you are doing a brill job. It will surely get easier the older she gets. I do the same everyday, when Den gets home I pass her over for a "daddy cuddle" so I can have time away from her. Den doesn't get why I need to do this but she is very draining :(

Hope she settles soon xx

Thanks, the only way we have managed to get her to stop crying Is by putting the tv on!! This is so unlike her. It could be teeth I guess? Don't hear of anyone else having problems like this though :-(

It's got to the stage now when I dread rob leaving the house. I'm so clingy to him and hate it. I can't cope with her on my own! I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow because she will be grumpier than normal and I will be exhausted. I can see it already :-(

Aww I know what it's like have you got a tv in your room u could put on she mayb doesn't like the quietness Amy was like this for a while she maybe scared of the dark to and likes the comfort of tv or if she's in her own room or try a bit of music and some nightlights. Babies are different when. It comes to teething Amy never suffered with hers coming thru it maybe that

Im sorry your feeling this way Hun, Im sure it'll get easier soon, Tegan was a nightmare last week i couldn't move without her screaming her head off! it totally drained me the only time she would be quiet was walking about in her Pram couldn't do that all day. monday morning i noticed her first tooth had came through she's been allot better since. i hope emilys is teeth and she settles back down soon xx

I had this for a while with my first one (can't remember what age he was), and I remember calling my OH crying if he was 10min late coming home from work... I felt like I just could not take another minute of being alone with him. But then it got better!! It didn't even last that long, it just felt like it. Trust me, it will get better!! :hugs:

I totally know how you feel Erin! Liv goes through phases of this and i just pass her to my mum cos I just get so angry at her and feel like I could just scream at her! It is just a phase though I promise! It's more then likely teeth because that's when livs bad patches happen. I really hope she gets past it soon for you x

Thanks. I really hope your right and it is a phase.

Rob managed to get her to sleep about 4am and that's us up with her again now. This is the same baby that slept 13 hours on Sunday night. She has music and nightlights etc so that's not the problem.

I'm so so tired, I've got to go to work till 12 then have her all afternoon. Feel like crying to be totally honest.

I completely sympathise! Seb is a grumpy sod at the minute! All he seems to do is make this horrendous noise (it's not a cry Its just noise) all the time! After being cooped up all morning yesterday I decided he might like to go for a walk so off we set and he made this noise ALL the way round the lake and up to school! I was so frustrated I was nearly in tears! The really really frustrating thing is he doesn't WANT anything!

Dint feel bad!!! You are doing nothing wrong at all, we all feel like this at tines and if this forum was around 6 years ago id be writing this about my daughter. I wasa clock watcher too and used to panic whenever Ian went to work. I'm ashamed to say I once shouted and cried for hours afterwards with guilt.

Oscar has also had a personality transplant and waking at 4am everyday and I can't put him down for a second without him screaming. I walk for miles everyday cos he is only ever quiet in his buggy outdoors. I can't do anything in the house cos he doesn't let up. God he's a monster at the moment!

Hopefully our babas will pop a few teeth out or something and chill out for a while. Fingers crossed!

If it is her teeth, nurofen for children is a godsend! Zacs teeth are normally worse at night. Really feel for you xxx

It must be something in the air. I would happily sell Blake today. He just will not settle and I'm exhausted. Grrrr!

He's just screamed in my arms for the best part of the last two hours so I had had enough. Put him down on the bed and he went out like a light!
5284f841-902e-5512.jpg

I wish he could just tell me I'm pissing him off and he doesn't want to be held! So frustrating...

He's just screamed in my arms for the best part of the last two hours so I had had enough. Put him down on the bed and he went out like a light!
5284f841-902e-5512.jpg

I wish he could just tell me I'm pissing him off and he doesn't want to be held! So frustrating...

Seb did this last night! Cried for half an hour before I just put him down and he conked straight out!!!!

amelia sometimes gets frustrated and likes to be in her chair doing her own thing x

Dont feel bad at all. Im the same with my OH getting home, I clock watch for the last 3 hours of the day, and if he's late Im on the phone asking where he is. If he stops to pick stuff p on his way past the shops I feel so furious at him cos every minute counts when youre desparate to be 'off duty'. I think its very normal when babies are so demanding so dont beat yourself up about it. :hug:

Are you doing enough for you too? I do the avon in the evenings I leave OH on baby bedtime duty and go out only for 20 mins or so but I feel like skipping its so nice leaving the house and being off duty. You probably need a break too. Is there anyone who would have her overnight for you both to get some sleep? Or maybe you could arrange for someone to have her in the afternoon so you can get a haircut or do the supermarket shop without her? Who has her when youre in work?

oh hun! i could have written that! Noa screams n screeams n night time is horrendes i get 2-3 hours sleep in total! i think its teething but nothing is comin trough. this started friday night.
i dont know how to cope either, im so shattered n im so scared that my frustration will be taken out on Noa!
bein a mum is so hard n i really hope emily calmes down for you.
:hugs:

:hug: big hugs to you too isobel. Look after yourselves too girls, I think everyone needs a few hours a week when theyre not being 'mummy' even if youre only in the next room or having a bubble bath (ipod in so you dont have to hear the screaming!!)

MIL has her when I'm at work. I'm working now and going home at 1. I've got 5 hours ahead of me until rob gets home.

I'm really worried feeling like this, I feel a distance between Emily and I :-( I love her so much and wouldn't change her for the world. I don't know how I feel to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back