I phoned the police last night

HappyAlice

Reaction score
What an awful night I had. And I can't sleep now because of it! And I live in a nice quiet neighbourhood.
It was about 1.15 am, me and OH were still awake and he was downstairs pottering about when suddenly there is RAPPING on the front door, I shouted down to OH 'don't answer it' out of instinct, I couldn't think of anyone I know that'd do that in the middle of the night. So OH crept upstairs and said whoever it was was peering in through the frosty glass at the top of the door and I was like WTF who the hell is it at this time?? We listened on the landing. I felt quite safe because you can't get round the back of our house because its a locked passage. Or so I thought... suddenly I heard a bang in the back garden, someone had jumped over the neighbours 5 ft wall and come crashing through their wooden gate into our garden! Then I heard more very loud bangs on our back door. Well I can tell you I was petrified, I thought they'd got in the house to get the computer or something so I just rang the police almost crying 'i think we're being broken into! i've got 2 children!' :eek:
Anyway they said they'd send someone round and me and OH waited, more banging and I was convinced someone would come up the stairs any minute, I had DD next to me in bed and I was literally frozen for what seemed like ages, I got OH to pick up an empty wine bottle and he stood poised at the top of the stairs lol until I heard a car pull up outside - police had arrived - and I could hear them asking someone Qs so I knew whoever it was had been caught - phew....
The police tapped on the door and it turned out to be our next door neighbour, he had no top on, was out of his head and locked out of the house, his gf still in town clubbing. I was so relieved I just stood on the stairs in OH's dressing gown lol Well the police left, we went to bed to calm down (I needed a brandy!) and the neighbour waited outside for his gf to come back, and I could hear him banging again in the street, he punched and kicked his own car window until it smashed :shock: got his phone out and was screaming 'where the f*** are you' to his gf.
Anyway luckily it all died down after that, she came back home and i could hear crying and stuff - but I have never ever felt so petrified in my whole life. I literally thought I was going to die lol And I still don't know why he was trying to thump our doors in! They've been quite normal neighbours the past year!
Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

omg lets hope it was a night of extreme fruity drunkenness and he won't be like it again.

How scary for you :hug:

Oh dear.. i hope yu managed to get some sleep after yout eventful evening :hug: :hug:

i would have been so scared :hug:
did he think it was his house he was trying to get into? if he was out of his head he maybe didnt realise what he was doing, NO excuse though!

:hug: :hug: :hug: That must have been terrifying. You did the right thing phoning the police. I hope your neighbiur apologises for causing so much distress!

wow i would of been scared too. glad your all ok :) :hug:

OMG babe, i can imagine how scared you were as we had this nearly 2yrs ago, but ours wasn't drunken,ignorant neighbours, no ours turned out to be serial burglars who were jailed earlier this year, thank god.

i can feel how scared you were hun, i was literally shaking with fear, when DH looked out our bedroom window to see who was knocking on the door, a figure was just standing in the snow looking up at our house :shock: i had the phone in my hand ready to call the police, luckily they went, i think they knock on your door & if no answer then they do your house over...nice. :x

hope your ok now hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's so scary isn't it, especially with children in the house. My neighbours walked past me in the street earlier and I stared at them ready for them to approach me and say sorry but they both hurried past muttering to each other so I left it. He could at least apologise!
adore.gif

you dont realise how scared you can get til something like that happens. its horrible.
and cos yo have 2 children its worse, i would have been the same as you deffinatly.
:( :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back