HOLY CRAP I HATE THE COPS HERE

Tiffy

Reaction score
Okay, so I woke up at three in the morning because someone was flashing light into my eyes. I woke up, looked around, and saw a cop standing in our doorway - or rather, right inside. Or supposedly a cop. He wasn't in uniform, but had a walkie talkie (didn't know this until later). I thought it was some fucking creep, so I screamed, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU, WHAT THE FUCK... and he didn't even respond. He just kept looking at me under the light of his creepy flashlight. I have been very edgy, paranoid, and anxious lately, so I was on the brink of going into freak out mode.

I woke Emiel up, and for some reason the "cop" decided to explain shit to Emiel, and not me. It was like what I felt and thought and my reaction didn't mean anything, but decided to wait to tell Emiel (and believe me, it took me a long time to wake him up).

Apparently there had been a call saying our door was open. Well, we always have our door open a crack (we have a bedroom door going outside). I understand why he would want to come check it out and make sure everything was okay, but HOLY JDIEDJEIDJEI IS THAT REALLY THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT?

I was so shooken up, didn't sleep the rest of the night.

Should I go to the police station and complain? Emiel thinks I'm overreacting.

:shock: oh my god, how did you not have a heart attck :shock:

I don't think you were over reacting, i would complain, your pregnant, you don't need that type of stress. :hug:

But why do you sleep with a door open leading to outside? is that not dangerous :think:

I was so scared. Even now I expect to find him in the shower or random places of the house, just staring at me wordlessly. :wall: I seriously FREAKED OUT, and he didn't even tell me to calm down or say he was who he was.

I am so, so, so mad.

Maybe if u kept your door shut it wouldnt be inviation for freaks to enter ur home?

:shock: gosh that sounds scarey. why do u leave ur door open tho?

I'm extremely clausrophobic, and our bedroom is very small. The only way I sleep is with the door open a bit. We live in a very friendly neighbourhood, so it's never been a problem before. I have a feeling the stupid neighbourhood cop was just bored and wanted to start a ruckus for his own amusement, because he had nothing better to do.

Now that this has happened, though, no way it's going to be open... might have to sleep in the kitchen from now on.

OingoZoingo said:
Now that this has happened, though, no way it's going to be open... might have to sleep in the kitchen from now on.

you can have breakfast in bed :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Have I got this right? You sleep with the bedroom door open onto the street and you want to complain to the police? :shock:

Hell, I'd be grateful it was the police and not some nutter.

i agree, but im suprised the police didn't knock or shout in before comming in.

ever since some nut case tried to climb in my bedroom window, i never open it!

I had a friend once who left her balcony door open, she was on the first floor and some Moroccan guy came in and started nicking all her stuff while she was asleep naked on the bed... :shock: she woke up screaming and got grills fitted to her door the next day.

If you left your street door open here, you are just asking for someone to come in and steal everything....they don't care that you are in the house... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So people just don't.

I think my fear of being raped and killed would out shine my fear of small enclosed spaces though :think: I'd keep the door shut in the future...

Thank god it was a police man and not some crazed rapist, hun!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

How about putting a chain thingy on the door? that way you can leave it open slightly, but no one will be able to get it? one like this:

1070.jpg

tracyM said:
Have I got this right? You sleep with the bedroom door open onto the street and you want to complain to the police? :shock:

Hell, I'd be grateful it was the police and not some nutter.

Yeah, I know. I'm used to living in a place where you can leave your doors unlocked, cars unlocked, and not be afraid of robbery or anything, but this was pretty much a wake up call that not every place is like that.

I just find it slightly ironic that the only person who has ever entered our room in the middle of the night was a creepy cop.

are you positive he was police?
he could have been ready to rob u but you woke up and startled him :eek:

i could never leave my door open like that, is there not another door leading to the rest of the house you can leave open?

Charlotte & Emily said:
are you positive he was police?
he could have been ready to rob u but you woke up and startled him :eek:

i could never leave my door open like that, is there not another door leading to the rest of the house you can leave open?

Yeah, Emiel has seen him before in uniform.

We're gonna get one of those lock and chain things.

OingoZoingo said:
Okay, so I woke up at three in the morning because someone was flashing light into my eyes. I woke up, looked around, and saw a cop standing in our doorway - or rather, right inside. Or supposedly a cop. He wasn't in uniform, but had a walkie talkie (didn't know this until later). I thought it was some f**k creep, so I screamed, WHO THE f**k ARE YOU, WHAT THE f**k... and he didn't even respond. He just kept looking at me under the light of his creepy flashlight. I have been very edgy, paranoid, and anxious lately, so I was on the brink of going into freak out mode.

I woke Emiel up, and for some reason the "cop" decided to explain sh*t to Emiel, and not me. It was like what I felt and thought and my reaction didn't mean anything, but decided to wait to tell Emiel (and believe me, it took me a long time to wake him up).

Apparently there had been a call saying our door was open. Well, we always have our door open a crack (we have a bedroom door going outside). I understand why he would want to come check it out and make sure everything was okay, but HOLY JDIEDJEIDJEI IS THAT REALLY THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT?

I was so shooken up, didn't sleep the rest of the night.

Should I go to the police station and complain? Emiel thinks I'm overreacting.

really can't say how i would react if a police officer burst into my room in the dead of night :lol: im not sure id not bother waking my husband up though :rotfl:

omg :hug: :shock:

That would have scared the shit outta me, definitely get a chain to go across the door hun.

Sounds horrible, I'd have freaked out big time! Seriously though, when the baby comes, you can't leave the door open hun...haven't you got a window you could leave open? Defo get a lock and chain - a decent one as most of them allow someone from the outside to slip their hand in and unlock the door....scarey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back