I need to tell people!!!

leibiloo87

Reaction score
Its driving me crazy keeping this pregnancy a secret now but my hubby is adamant he wants to wait til our scan when we get the ok and everything is fine which I understand but im sooooooo exited I want to talk about my baby to everyone 24/7 but I cant and its driving me mad saw my mum yestarday and I feel really guilty iv known all this time and iv not told her!!! Anyway bit of a rant but needed to saysomething n as no1 else knows you lot r the only ones I can talk about it to. Is everyone else waiting til 12 weeks and is it driving you crazy too??? :)

Its a personal choice hun i chose not to wait im naff at secerets lol xxx

I am the most naff at keeping my own secrets its untrue everytime I see a friend or family mamber I just want to say IM PREGNANT!!!! driving me mad gona try talk my hubby around to spilling the beans when he gets home from rugby x

At first I was extremely set on waiting until 12 weeks. But then I had to tell my boss & coworkers around 6 weeks as I was so sick, and we ended up letting my MIL announce the news at a party they had when I was 8 weeks. I really went back and forth on whether or not to let her say anything at the party, but it was all close family friends and/or family, and I figured what the heck. If something were to happen, we would have the support of the group, and that could be very worth it.

All said and done, I'm very happy that we got the news out early. 1) it's a huge relief not having to keep it secret, and 2) it's nice being able to share our excitement with everyone. :)

It is a very personal decision of course, but if you really want to break the news, I wish you the best of luck getting the OK from your hubby!

He says if its what I want then we can start telling ppl so my mum is coming round sunday cant wait to tell her, gona make sure all my family know b4 telling friends tho x

I'm like Shauna, couldn't keep it quiet! Speak to your hubby about it... 1 thing i would say is make sure if u dont want everybodyy knowing is chose which friends to tell carefully!

I told family and close friends and asked them to keep it quiet but this weekend we went to stay with OH cousin, went for a meal and had lots of people coming along saying congratulations. When i asked they had all found out from facebook!!! Me and OH don't have facebook! I know who the 'close friend' is that let it 'slip' now... Peeeeeeed off was/ is an understatment!! xxx

Ooops i must have been daydreaming coz i missed your post after u spoke to hubby! Will be a big relief once its out! xxx

oh no dreaded facebook lol the stuff ppl put on there I really do not want my pregnancy announced on there for a very long time and I want it to be me who does the announcing luckily I know I can really trust my 3 best friends and they will be the only friends ill be telling at the mo but gona deffinately start telling family this week x

We're trying to wait until christmas day because it'll be a nice surprise, but by then I'll be 17 weeks, don't know if i can wait that long or whether it'll be obvious by then. It's so hard not telling people!

Gosh 17 weeks im only just 9 weeks and my belly is much bigger but it is my 3rd and apparently you show much earlier with 3rd and im normally a size 6 so its realy noticable when I put a little weight on dont think I could keep it under wrops that long allthough its winter so much easier to hide. Got some really bad news yestarday though my nana has cancer and we find out today how far its spread and how long she has left shes very ill so the thought of telling my family now is out of the question as its more heartbreak to add to it knowing shes more than likely not going to be here for when this baby is born and shes like a second mum to me so not coping very well at the moment bk to the hospital soon to find out test results bad news either way but least we will no what we r dealing with my mum n auntie are falling apart iv allways been the strong one that sorts everything out but knowing im pregnant and she going to die is soooo sooooo hard hope I can keep it together x

I'm exactly the same haven't top no one except work because of safety reasons and its eating me up!! I wanna tell my my mum and dad but we have promised each other we will wait till 12 week scan to check its all ok!! Its sooo hard :( I'm 7 + 1 today so istill got a good few weeks to go!! xx

me n hubby waited til after my 12 wk scan to tell anyone, the surprise was ace, lol

hope ur nans ok hun, thinking of you

xxx

i was keeping quiet told mum dad and my OH but my dad asked how many i got in there? so did the bloomin doctor soo yeah every one knows everyone thinks theres two im 8 weeks and have a perfect lil bump lool

Hey everyone.. Nice to read the threads.

Im due on July, 4th.

Its my second pregnancy and i feel scared of giving birth already. Took me 14 long hours with my son. He is 4.

Does anyone have cravings? I feel like pickled onions and then sometimes chocolate.

I was very sick during weeks 6-7 and 8 but am much better now.

I know what you mean.. I am only 6 weeks and we have only told our close family and our best friend. I am bursting to tell people too, but not sure whether to or wait until the first scan. I did mention this to my Dr today and she said, that I should tell people when ever I feel happy too.
I know people like to wait until they've had their first scan, to know that everythings okay. But, she said I could have my first scan and then a problem develop later on. I know its abit sad and nasty to say but I guess its true.
Still hasn't helped me make up my mind up about telling people though.

x

Congrats Leibiloo - I only told those that I would have told anyway if anything went wrong before 14 weeks , only as I had a MMC earlier in year - just in case. Somwtimes tho it's nice to have someone you can tell and talk to about it, that's why PF is sooo good!

Really sorry about your Nana, hope she is doing ok, maybee your lovely news in a few weeks, would be just what the doctor ordered and really help give her reason to fight it and see baby X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back