not actually had my pregnancy confirmed....normal?

netty

Reaction score
sounds daft as I have taken a million or so HPT's but noone has actually taken my pee or anything and said to me ''yes dear you are pregnant''. i went to see midwife wednesday ( if you saw my rant you know how crap she was ) and she never even checked. I mean who would lie about it but i see everyone elses posts having a doctors confirmation or some kind of positive from a professional. Has anyone else actually yet to be officialy confirmed as being pregnant it is driving me crazy :-( do i really have to wait until my 1st scan for official proof or what!!!!

I wouldn't worry hunny, I think the doctors just take your word for it. Saves the nhs money on tests I guess lol I didn't do any tests at the docs last time.

me either hun how frustrating is it!! i made my midwife appointment on tuesday and i said do i need a doctor to confirm it and the receptionist was like no we;'' just send you for a scan, and i was like well what if i'm not then i've just wasted a shitload of nhs money for fuck all. you think they would check these things!!!! doctors annoy me so much!

I never had it confirmed our docs won't see you if you get positive hpt u get put straight to midwife, I had nuchal scan n that was first confirmation lol

i know i am being impatient, i just want things to be laid out more clearly for me, i have had hardly any advice other than you lovely ladies and my mother who thank GOD is a nurse/midwife. I know I am lucky enough to not have a history of MC hence no scans for me just yet but I am overthinking everything, i am just so up and down. Being Bi Polar doesnt help LOL but its so much worse being pregnant, the highs are amazing I get sooo excited but right now I am all of a sudden sad argh I need good old ben and jerrys again :-( i sound like a loony haha sorry girlies i am not making much sense on a bit of a downer cant take my bi polar meds either HELP

thanks for all your reassurance ladies :) much appreciated having a....moment over here hahah break out the ice cream quuiicckkk

When I went to doc, he said hpt's test for a lower level of hormone than
Their tests do - so there's no point in confirming it. I got told chance of false positive is really slim - if hpt says you're pregnant - you're pregnant!!

Xxx

thats what everyone keeps telling me lol along with the array of HPT's i have, I have even bought a bag for my HPTS there are that many, i think i may have a little OCD lol

lol, its like its not official til some medical person says it is. ive not seen anyone, just got a letter with a midwife app. sucks lol im so impatient too

Very strange isn't it , I alswya think they should check in early preg units or something then start all your paperwork off!!

Oh sorry to be the odd one out, i tried to make an appointment with my midwife and the receptionist said 'sorry you have to make an app to see the dr first so he can confim it!' I was like oh great cos 12 preg test are actually lying?? ffs. xx

lol charlie26, it must depend on the proceedures set by your area. I am just waiting for my scan date to come through now and i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back