i need sme help please.....

kirlou

Reaction score
I have been searching all evening and cant find anything that helps.
Hubby has had two sperm tests done and the drs said they were 'abnormal' but didnt refer to the size/shape or if it was cos they were non-motile and im confused.com lol

ok here is exactly what they say
test 1
liquification-complete
viscosity-normal
volume- 2.3ml
concentration-47 x10^6/ml (wtf!)
total number-108.1 x10^6
progressive 45%
non progressive- 18%
non-motile 37%
normal forms 0%

test 2
liquification-complete
viscosity-abnormal
volume- 1.9ml
concentration-11 x10^6/ml
total number-20.9 x10^6
progressive 12%
non progressive- 14%
non-motile 74%
normal forms 1%

trying to work out if we would need ICSI or IMSI. The dr said something about being able to concentrate down the exising sperm and not being able to have normal IVF but that is all he said (have to admit i was a bit taken aback and not paying full attention) and now im looking into clinics and i have no idea what procedure i should be looking at.
If anyone could help that would be really good.
Thank You!!!

Hi Kirlou

Umm, don't think i can be of much help here but the doctors mau think it best to try ICSI to give you a better chance.

Maybe book a phone appointment with one of the doctors so they can explain these results to you properly.

Be interested to know what they suggest?

xx

Hey Hun,

I can understand the results but I can't tell you which treatment you would need.

I reckon Louise B may know, she's taking time out but maybe you could PM her, she's had a tough time lately so it may help her to chat to someone in the same boat.

xx

Thanks ladies!
Good idea maybe, I will pm her, I've been trying to take some time out too, never quite happens though hehe.
Thanaks again.

Boo! :shock:

Ok, the x10^6 bit simply means million.

Your hubby would need to have a karotype test due to such hugh numbers of abnormals.

If that comes back clear then you'd go ahead with ICSI.

If not, chances are you couldn't have any treatment.

They only tend to suggest IMSI after you have had a few failed cycles of IVF because it is super expensive. I'm not sure if they have a clinic it the UK that do it, i remember reading about someone that had to go to Prague for the treatment but i'm not sure.

Maybe if the karotype test come back bad, immediate IMSI might be an option but i'm really not sure.

Thank you louise, I'm loosing hope again now! Lol (nervous laugh) the clinic that I have decided on does IMSI, its in london. So what one of those results means they are actually abnormal not just lazy or dead? Its so bloody confusing!
Thanks again everyone.

My hubby has high abnormals too but the karyotype test came back clear and we are having ICSI without concern :)

I crapped myself though too.

The karotype test checks the number of chromosomes in the sperm. If they all have the wrong amount then it's bad news for fertilisation and health of any baby.

Honestly, I'm sure you'll be fine just with ICSI :)

Well we hove a son so they can't ALL be bad, surely!?
Hope yours goes well! I might be pestering you again in the future :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back