I need advice on my 1 yr old...

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
My little boy has just woken up.. all hot and his throat is so sore, its croky.. im going to take his temp but dont think i need to as hes boiling hot..

hes woken up not happy, doesnt want to be cuddled, what should i do, give him some calpol and get him back to bed once i have stripped him off.. and how long should i keep him at home if his temp doesnt come down..

temp is 39.4 so quite warm...

sorry to ask but i havent been here before with temps..

Wish I could advise but no experience to share, I do hope everything's well again soon, you could ring NHS direct, they can be very helpful and ease your mind too :hug:

yeh call the docs of NHS. Arianna had a high temp once and NHS sent us to the afterhours docs to get checked over.

Thanks girls, hes gone back to bed, with calpol and a warm bottle, hes settled down lots so will see how he gets on...

Keep him cool, i remeber once when i had a high temp mum took me to hospital they layed me on a bed made me strip down to underwear and put a fan on me to get my temp down and i was there a few hours and it was bloody cold if i remember right

Hope he feels better soon

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would mainly try gto get his temp down as it is really high. If he doesn't get any better call NHS Direct and see what they advise.

Hiya

I know too late now but we always strip Willow off and pat her with a damp spnge with cool not cold water on it she is a bugger with her temp and when she's ill goes over 40 so we are always on to the emergancy doc and this was the best methed we used to get it down

Also wanted to say glad to see Baily is stillhanging in there good luck with getting to the end of your pregnancy :hug:

Heather

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back