:( naughty teeth :(

lisa&alex

Reaction score
my poor boy is so bad.. we had 2 hrs 20 mins sleep.. he needs mummy.. hes sitting on my knee grumping.. hes had calpol and ibuprofen.. (2.5ml of ibup and 5ml of calpol) and hes still boiling..feel so sorry for him.. cant take his temp coz his ears r sore :( hes bn naked all morn but he started to shiver.. his hands and feet are freezing.. so put thin jammies on :( anyone suggest anything i can do? im going to get bonjella and ashtons and parsons...

Sorry hun, ive never had it that bad im afraid, i hope he gets over this quickly and you manage some sleep :hug: :hug: :hug:

Teething shouldn't cause a temperature of higher than 38.5º... only viral/infections cause temperatures that high ...so if he is boiling as you say and hot enough to be shivering I'd suggest taking him to the emergency doctors or call NHS direct especially as you have given him the maximum dose of meds for his age, which isn't cooling him down. If it was a low grade teething temp then the calp/ibprofen would have brought it down...Also if he does have such a high temp you need to get it down asap and you will need to strip him off and give him a cool bath.

http://www.adviceforbaby.com/topicJuly.htm
http://www.teething-babies.co.uk/

get him to docs asap if their temp rises over 40 they can fit - tyler has the raised temp everytime he's ill but we know to deal with him now.

also docs told me i can strip him down but not to put flannel on him too

i hearded that putting flannel or baths can cause fits.. ive taken his temp.. its 38.. gonna get some meds when we go out.. gonna go for a walk down the beach in a mo..and go to tesco for meds..if he hasnt improoved in an hour or so im gonna take him drs..

Tbh i wouldn't wait i'd take him straight to docs just to get him checked over. even if it turns out to be nowt

lisa&alex said:
i hearded that putting flannel or baths can cause fits.. ive taken his temp.. its 38.. gonna get some meds when we go out.. gonna go for a walk down the beach in a mo..and go to tesco for meds..if he hasnt improoved in an hour or so im gonna take him drs..

I'd be quite worried if one of the girls had a temp of 38º and I'd dosed them up to the max with calp and ibuprofen and it hasn't brought it down any more than that. :think: That means it must have been a pretty high temp to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back