i know my own son...grr!!!

niknaks

Reaction score
MY mum and oh are doing my head in. If theyre not at each others throats their hanging up on me and its always about Leandro . When it comes to the wedding I getting your mums taking over from oh and my mum just nags about everything. Then today i feel like im at breaking point. Leandro was being whingy which i knew meant he waaa tired plus he only had a bottle 3 hrs prior when now he lasts 4 hours. Oh was moaning about making a bottle but I knew he wouldn't drink it but made it anyway. I made 6 oz and low and behold he only drank 3 then fell Asleep. Also about an hour before oh have leo a bath as he done a leaky pooey nappy and kept his nappy off as he was a bit sore becaue g slept longer last night than normal. SO when he put him down he was only wrapped in a towel and I told him he had tp deal with him because his nappy was off for a lot longer than I would keep him. Then when leo woke up the towel was soaked so I took him up and have him to oh who was moaning because he was on Skype with his brat of a niece. So he finally sorted him out and brought him down and have him to my mum who came in from work. Then Leandro started whinging which I knew meant he was hungry so warmed the rest of the bpttle and have it to him but after he finished he started screaming which I k Rw meant burp then sleep. But my mum was all like he's hungry make him more, which I did and Alex came down as leo was still crying. He did not want tge bottle at all. Then my mum was like its his nappy has he got a rash and alex was like yes. But its no way a rash was just a tiny but sore. Then I was like he's tired he wants to sleep and my mum was like No. He needs his bappt changed its stinging him. SO Alex took him up and he didn't want to be out downand his nappy seemed fine. So I told Alex to rock him which he did then fell Asleep. Then was all like he was crying cos his bums sore we need to change him every hour and half blah blah blah. I was fuming and still am. I'm with our son 24/7. I know his cries. My mum and Alex are with him a few hours a day and just because Alex played daddy to the brat and my mum raised 2 kids I'm meant to be the stupid one. I'm so pissed off. I feel like telling them don't dp anythin ill do everything. I was even close to snatching Leandro off him but what good would that have done. Feel like screaming x

Sorry about the spelling mistakes. I dropped my phone and now the keyboards changed. Just changed it now lol x

Oh Hun I would just tell them
Both straight when it happens again men do my head in !! Question everything and think they know more ! Xxx

Sounds really frustrating! :( :hugs: I tend to pretend I'm listening to what they think is up and then go off and do my own thing anyway lol xx

Oh I totally get that OH comes in from work and is all like have you fed her recently, oh no I normally let her starve :roll: course I have! Or hdo you change her nappy often enough. And everytime she cries his answer to everything is a bottle, even if she's only had one like an hour before! Men, they really do think they know it all! xx

I know how you feel you just have to bite your tongue! Ella's dad comes to visit and try's to tell me what she needs..... He hasn't ever got it right i think he just likes to hear himself talk bull shit!! Youre his mummy and you know best so let them have their say but do wht you know needs to be done! Xx

:hug: I know where you're coming from. Everyone is an expert and forgets you're at home with lo all day.xxx

I hated that with Josh. Thankfully I'm not getting it 2nd time round, they can't say they know more cause I was only doing this 2 years ago! X

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Niknak you poor thing i cant sayin anything decent but you do make me laugh thou with your posts and Rach you made me laugh when you said 'oh no I normally let her starve :roll:' that face makes me laugh alone... small things? mmm maybe x

God what a nightmare tell them both to do one lol! U know ur baby best and all this fuss chopping and changing will upset Leo more! :hug:

They drive me up the wall. It really is frustrating. I think with my mum she feels like cos we weren't married and I didn't finish uni and all that that I wouldn't be ready. But she's forgetting I'm 26 now not 16 or whatever minus the first few weeks I know what I got myself into. And wutg Alex my mums the instigator. He's really paranoid when it comes to Leandro. When he was first born he was nearly ringin 999 for hiccups lol so when my mum starts he gets worried. Like now their new thing is baby food. they both think I should start weaning Leandro now but I think its too early and the hv told me their stomachs aren't ready till they're 5 months. My mum thinks Leandros a hungry baby but he's not. It's because when they're around they make the bottle too early so Hell have half Then finish it an hour or so later then starts screamin when the bottle finish but I know its because he likes sucking and needs to burp because once he's burped he's smily again. I've tried telling my mum but she's all like I've had two kids before blah blah blah. But suppose if rather have them on at me then being stuck in the middle if I had a choice if that makes sense xxx

Ffs I hate the 'I've had x amount of kids' bullshit!!! I've heard that from mil and his family for weeks and it pisses me off!!! Just coz you've had even 5 kids doesn't make u the best mother in the world or even someone who knows everything about babies!!! Noone knows a baby better than its mum!!!! EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT!!!!! I'm sorry but I'd tell ur mum to f*** off!! That really makes me mad!! Don't let them give your baby a bottle when u know he's not ready for it.. It's down to you when u decide to wean him!! I've had three kids and I can advise people on what I know and what I done with my children but I would never tell someone I know what's best for their child!!! Give her a back hander, lively herself up!! :lol:

Leo is gonna get distressed if u keep letting them do things that ur against! Like feeding times.. If he's not hungry don't let them feed him til he is.. Babe u gotta stand up to them both now or ur gonna have this for life along with a confused upset baby!! :hug:

Last edited:
Yes I know what you mean I keep telling her but my mums got a way of being rude and then when you say anything she has this look to try and make you feel guilty. I feel bad cos since my dad died she been so lonely but she's also kinda pushing us away. Like my sis fineshes uni this year but is gonna move in with her bf because of my mum. I keep telling her the reason why I was weaned at 2 months was because I was a sick baby and wouldn't hold down any milk. Well I ain't gonna wean him yet. She can buy whatever she wants but she ain't feeding it to him yet even if I have to be around him all the time. Shouldn't be like this with your own mother. Today though with his milk they were quite good. Oh did have a bit of a slip up but it was only with 1 oz x x x

The baby rice says 4-6 month but i think it really would depend on the individual baby, Like Alice is massive so at 4 month she will be the size of a 5 month old lol x

I know this feeling all to well! A certain person I know acts like they know the ins and outs of my son. Excuse me? I don't see you with him attached to your boob? I don't see you waking up at 2 and 6 am? Let alone during the day! You see him once a week for about an hour. Sod off and let me bring up the child I know! Grrrr!:wall2:

So Leandros still to young for baby rice then. Think ill show her that. I know its horrible especially as they get older. When he was first born I was grateful for the advice now he's 3 months. Think I've got used to It all by now xxx

Maybe say that to her? Tough love! My mum done my head in so bad when jaycee was a month old I didn't speak to her for three weeks :( but she soon stopped telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing!

Baby rice in shops start from 4 months isn't that enough for her? Used to be 3months when I had Jaycee they like to change it!

Yeah think I'm gonna have to. The thing is she tells people that Mr and oh are coping well but she's still like butts in ten works oh up. Yesterday was great though. Had my aunty round and shes got 2 grandchildren and she was sticking up for me. Don't think my mum liked it very much though. XXx

That's good!! Keep ur auntie there lol!! At least u know ur not the only one who feels they r taking over!

How r things now babe??

Yeah I know lol things are a lot better with oh now. But that because we Went mothercare and I showed him the food and the ages. Just wish he'd believe me. My mum on the other hand is still going on about it. Can't wait to get out. It's like she's taking over my mil place since I don't have one lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back