I'm such a big fat idiot and big fat liar :-(

niknaks

Reaction score
Was about to change leandros nappy and put him propped up on the bed but he wasn't close to the edge or anything abd was getting his nappy and bit and he fell onto his back and was playing about kicking his legs and stuff but still wasn't near the edge. Then I turned round to get his changing mat and as I put it on he bed I saw him slide of he bed. It wad horrible and he was crying and I feel Luke an idiot. I held him for ages and he wasn't bleeding or anything luckily there was a blanket that got knocked off too but not sure if he fell on hat. Ge stopped crying after a few seconds but think we were both in shock and was just holding him and rocking and singing to him then oh comes in after going to bank and was like why was he crying but I panicked and said he hit himself with the keys. I've never lied to him before and as soon as I did I started shaking. I finally put leo down and he has a slight bump on his head which is a bit red but when I touch it he wasn't crying and ge was laughing at oh and pulling my hair and acting like normal. I don't know what to do. Feel so dumb. Just want to hold him and never let him go Nd I can't believe I lied to oh feel like such an idiot. I don't know if should take him to docs or anything either. Just feel so so stupid how could I have let that happen :-(

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Oh sweetie it was just an accident!! These things happen!! I once forgot to strap max into his car seat :s n didn't tell anyone cause I felt so horrendous but us mummies have babybrain to contend with lol!

You would never knowingly put LO into danger it was an accident, I reckon this happens once to every baby, they mange to wriggle around in ways you wouldn't expect them too!

If he seems fine I wouldn't worry about docs it sounds like he's fine :) don't beat yourself up over it xxxx

Don't beat yourself up about it. I know that's easier said than done, but they are tough little things. I dropped my cousins LO (I was about 13 at the time), off the bed, and she was like - that's nothing I've done worse.

I think the way they wriggle about so much, it happens to most people eventually. :hugs: xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Oh hun dont be so hard on yourself :hugs: your only human and accidents happen you would never have done it if you thought for the slightest second anything would have happened!! Hope you feel better hun & I'm sure little Leandro will be just fine :love: xx

Aww we've all been there, I've also done the not strapping in the car seat thing. I'm sure he will be fine, they get loads of bumps and catch us unaware with their antics now. Maybe mention it to your oh later if its eating you up that you told a little white lie, I'm sure he will understand you felt guilty and said first thing that came into your head x

As long as he was alert afterwards and wasn't sick or very sleepy then am sure he'll be ok. Babies bounce and are far more resilient than we think. :hug: xxxxxxxx

I don't tell OH about half the times Tyler bashes his head when sitting up. Babies bash themselves as they are slippery little buggers don't worry :)

Don't worry hun! My LO threw himself head first off the bed twice in 3 days when I was actually sat next to him! He was nowhere near the edge, just dived for it! I think at first you're just both in shock, my heart was racing! I later told my sister (my nephew's 12 now) and she said "don't worry they bounce"lol! She said she'd lost count of how many times her little boy fell off the bed and sofa! I felt like such a bad Mum, but these things happen. Needless to say I don't let him on the bed anymore! Sounds like your LO is fine, and completely understand why you felt you needed to lie, I felt really guilty too, and thought my OH would judge me, but we both ended up laughing about it in the end xx

Awwww hun it happens him crying is a good thing when they don't cry they can go into shock so he will be fine with regards to hubby don't think about it

xxx

Awww like the girls have said weve all done it, charlies fallen off the sofa loads and when hes on my bed he manages to *nearly* fall off and its a bloody superking!

It is horrible when it happens for the first time and you feel like the worst mum in the world but honestly, charlie bumps his head and topples over things that much it doesnt even faze me or him for that matter. Dont feel bad hun, accidents happen and you wont be the last to do it.

Xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Awww... These things happen from time to time - try not to beat yourself up about it. I was feeding Emily one time and knocked her head against the hard wooden arm of he chair I was sitting in - felt awful... She was fine, and I'm sur your LO will be too. Xx

I wouldn't worry about it honey like the others say it happens, kids are strong and bouncy.

I managed to bump R's head on the side of the changing table last week poor sod, OH asked what he was screaming for and I said that he had punched himself in the face which he is also want to do....

Awwww Hun.

S has fallen of the bed twice.

It literally was the most scary moment of my whole entire life.

I think everybody has an "Once my baby fell of the bed, car seat..." story. Your definately not alone.

Hun- as everyone else has said- u r not alone and dont be too hard on urself!!! Accidents happen- I too have forgotten to strap LO into the car before, and I know others who have too- the guilt is awful, but LO is fine and no harm done thats the main thing! Try to forgive urself hun, u r only human! If u feel bad just explain to OH and Im sure he will understand. I told my OH about the car thing coz I felt so guilty and he was really understanding xx

I was always taught when someone bangs their head you should wake them at least every 2hrs, if they're not as alert as you expect when you wake them up (not sure how a 6m old is meant to be mind you) you go to A&E. If you leave it for them to sleep through the night and the bump on their head is more serious it can be too late the damage is done. I think seeing as he did it early in the day you might be alright.

Don't feel ad :hug: these things happen. If it makes you feel better I lifted Brody up in a restaurant the other week above my head and banged it on a wooden beam!! Felt awful. Thankfully he laughed lol. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly don't feel bad when I was 11 days old I tipped myself out of my big silver cross pram my mum used to have to strap me down
( said if she had me first she would of never had any more) my uncle also dropped my sister in the sink once we are both fine so no worries :)

Don't worry Hun, he will be ok...

Yesterday Hollie managed to climb out her cot at the end (even though it's on the lowest setting) and she fell on her back on the floor. Must have been about a foot or more of a drop. Poor we soul wa screaming. I had no idea she could climb up the side or pull herself over!

Aw Hun don't beat yourself up! Like the others have said accidents happen! It doesn't make you a bad mum at all!!!

Ella is constantly taking blows to the head now she's getting more active! My heart rate is constantly through the roof!!!

Thanx guys feel a lot better. Leandro seems perfectly fine. The redness has gone but bump is still there. But th its not a big bump as my mum was looking for it and couldnt find it. I knew parenthood was gonna be hard but didn't realise how hard emotionally. He's a very light sleeper during the day so has been napping as normal and he sleeps a lot too but was his normal self on no time. He's been through the wars a bit today though bless him. First the bed incident then he was playing on the floor and was getting bored so my mum went to puck him up and caught him with her nail then he was on my lap ripped a piece of the newspaper and shoved it in his mouth so I went to take it out quickly and I think I caught him with my nail and heir not even long. But karma struck me big time. Found out I didn't get the flat I went to see day of London meet then had a massive row with my mum about this whole weddin thing and had a row with my sister over a bloody removal van. But I don't care at least my baby boy seems fine xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back