I have the flu :-(

amandapanda

Reaction score
Proper full blown flu - have never felt this ill in my life! My whole body is in pain, it feels like I have hot needles being poked in me all over. I keep going from hot sweats to cold shivers. I can't sleep or relax because my whole body is in pain!! I am full of cold and have a chesty cough :-(

Have spoken to my GP and she says I can have 6 paracetamol a day - but they aren't even helping. I just hope the baby is ok - can't help thinking of Lily Allen and how she lost her baby after being ill herself.....

I just wanted to have a rant really, know I just have to ride it out! xx

Hey Hun,
Sorry you're ill! Keep cosy and hopefully it won't be long till you're feeling yourself again!
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your concern everyone - and by everyone I mean Helen :-(

Hey Hun I don't have flu I think but a cold and feel rough so dread to think what you feel like lovely!!! Keep drinking loads and sleep if you can mwah x x

Hey hun hope you start feeling better soon xxx

Get well soon hun, can you try sweating it out?

x

Hi hun,

hope you feel better soon. Flu is soooo horrible I know. I had it about a year ago and they did a blood test to verify mine to see what I could take for it. During pregnancy there's nothing really though apart from paracetamol. I'm sure babs will be ok and is safely hiding away from it.

xx

ive had a bit of flu - not as bad as yours but its lasted about 2 weeks now! hope you feel better soon honey xx

im full of it too :( ive been drinking hot ribena makes me feel all toasty hope your better soon xx

Oh no, that's awful. Crappy paracetemol! Hope it goes quickly hun, it's rotten feeling ill x

Thanks girls....it's the pains that are doing me in, it's particularly bad in my joints - my hips, knees, ankles, wrists...am going to see doctor tomorrow cause I need a sick note for work, but don't even feel well enough to get out of the house! OH had to go back to London this morning and it really is awful being this ill and all on your own :-( If I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't be concerned at all, but I've been reading that the main cause of miscarriage in tri 2 is viral infection and flu is a viral infection so it's just making me so worried!! Managed to have a little sleep this afternoon anyway so that's good I guess xx

Yeah Cantstop I have always thought paracetamol was rubbish, never took it before I was pregnant, always went for the ibuprofen! x

Yeah me too, paracetemol can't even handle a headache let alone kick the ass of flu! It's a bit crap having to drag you out the house to your dr when you feel so bad.

Oh how are you feeling now chick? I had 2 colds in 2 weeks. Didn't leave the house for days. Was horrible. Have you had the flu Jab? I'm a bit scared to take it

x

I am getting worse not better :-( It's just the pain I can't stand!! Can put up with the fever/shakes, cold, cough.....but these constant shooting pains searing through my body are almost unbearable. And now I've run out of paracetamol!!! Have a kitchen drawer full of paracetamol & codeine and ibuprofen that are just calling out to me!!

I am getting worse not better :-( It's just the pain I can't stand!! Can put up with the fever/shakes, cold, cough.....but these constant shooting pains searing through my body are almost unbearable. And now I've run out of paracetamol!!! Have a kitchen drawer full of paracetamol & codeine and ibuprofen that are just calling out to me!!

Are you seeing the doctor today?
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoken to the doctor and have an appt at 3.30pm. He says I can start taking paracetamol & codeine for the pain - have taken 1 cause I've run out of paracetamol anyway, but don't want to start taking it too often. He said as long as I am fighting it then baby should be ok, it's only if my body couldn't fight it any longer that baby would be at risk..........and no Helen I didn't get the flu jab! Cause I work for the NHS they were giving them out for free but like you I was a bit worried....have never had flu before so didn't feel it was worth having it - and now look at me!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back