Ill while pregnant? HELP!

EmmaLR

Reaction score
Hi girls, ive been off work for the last few days with flu like symptoms.

Headaches
aches in my legs
Cold

I didnt have a fever but now ive got a really bad cough! I took two paracetamol tablets the other day!

I was wondering if being ill could affect the baby? Have any of you been off ill the last few weeks as i know something is going around at the moment. I only had my scan last week and everything was fine but now im worried all the coughing could harm the baby?

:(

Hi Emma
I think most people get ill when they are pregnant because your immunity is low,but normal couhgs and colds won't harm the baby. Get plenty of rest and fluids, and call your midwife if you are worried. :hug: :hug:

Should be fine so long as you keep drinking and your temp doesn't rise above about 40 degrees C.

If its a virus theres nothing you can do except wait it out anyway. :(

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

I am sure your baby will be fine drink lots and lots of fluids and remember the statement feed a cold starve a fever so eat all around you too plently of chocolate too should help cos it raises your endorphins (I think) so should give you some energy. Enjoy the rest and your few days off work.

I had a cold and aches etc just before Christmas, I was newly pregnant and worried constantly about baby. If I sneezed I'd hold pillows against my tummy to stop baby feeling such a "shake" from the sneeze etc, really was paranoid. The doctor told me I was being silly and general colds and feeling run down etc was totally 'ok' and wouldn't hurt baby in the slightest. I relaxed a little then but I still hate sneezing now and I'm safely tucked into T2!! :)

Oh Emma I'm in total sympathy with you honey. :hug: I've had a cold/runny nose/cough/headaches for the last 5 weeks!

Paracetemol are find to take for the headache. I have also been using 4Head rub which seems to help.

I am just like you and worried about the coughing hurting the baby. It's great that you've just had a scan and everything is fine. :) I'm off to the doctors this afternoon for a check up. I am just worried about the headaches being something to do with my BP. :(

Sabrina
x

I know how you feel i am currently sat here and if my nose isnt streaming then it is blocked and i have to sit blowing it. Last week i had a bad throat and chesty cough, luckinly that only lasted a few days so i am hoping this cold wont last to long either.

Makes me a bit paranoid though cause little bump isnt as active as normal.

Flame, I'm sure the baby is fine, but maybe as you are a little under the weather yourself you just aren't noticing LO's movements.

I am now on some anti-biotics. Doc didn't think they would help much :roll: but prescribed them anyway coz I had a moan about how long I'd been feeling rough (currently 5 weeks!)

Let's hope we are all on the mend soon. We could do with some Spring weather that would help. It's pouring down here today. :|

Sabrina
x

i have got a cold luckliy its thev 1st thing i have had wrong all pregnancy but i still feel pooey :puke: :puke:

Hi

Sorry your feeling ill, everyone i know is gettign it and all 3 of us just got over it it aint nice. Try and rest as much as possible.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back