I have graduated from Long Term TTC....

Morganna

Reaction score
3 pregnancy tests later and all gave me a :bfp:

I am guessing i am somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks (first midwife appointment tomorrow) and over the moon. We have been trying for 2.5 years, have been for all sorts of tests, and in the end, we conceived naturally 2 weeks before fertility treatment was about to start :dance:.

So far, pregnancy seems to suit me, the first few weeks i had bad cramps, but now i feel great, with only occasional nausea and rarely sickness. Though im tired all the time!

Can anyone tell me what to expect at my first midwife appointment please :)

Congratulations Morganna - welcome to Tri 1. You must be absolutely thrilled!! Very happy for you xx

They just do height weight bmi blood test they ask about family history, are you or dad smokers etc
They tell you about what scans and tests you do
Go through how likely itd have downs syndrome
That kinda thing
You'll get info on eating healthy, folic acid and vitamin D etc
Just give you advice ,tell you when stuff is happening and answer any questions :)

Amazing news, congratulations!!

Thank you gemloulau and Kiki :dance:

MrsS143, thanks, i appreicate that, i have been wondering, its very exciting :D

Great news, congratulations xxx

Oooooh fantastic news congrats!!!! First midwife appointment is definitely just as MrsS said. Its just your family history your weight etc. Your first one is boring (I think) lol! but made it more real for me :) xxx

Congratulations and welcome! They also took a urine sample from me.

Oh morganna congratulations! very similar story to mine, ttc for 2yrs 9mths and got natural bfp 2wks before my first iui appt! It feels like a miracle eh? have a happy and healthy pregnancy and enjoy every minute! xxx

Congratulations on your long awaited BFP. Fx the rest of your pregnancy is as easy and symptoms free as the first few weeks.

Michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back