I hate my job

kitty1987

Reaction score
Well I have hated my job from day one it is absolutely awful. I work at the new cinema de lux in Derby, it's meant to be the new way forward in cinema, they just do not know how to treat staff.

Well I told them I was pregnant 4 weeks ago and need a risk assesment, and they just kept saying yeh yeh we'll sort it out. Well I wasn't at work today but my housemate also works there and overheard a very interesting conversation between my two managers. Apparantly they're going to get my risk assesment out of the way and then just move me to a different department and cut my hours right down. Are they allowed to do this because now i'm really worried? I'm employed full time and I am sure they can't just do this. Howould they expect me to live without any money!

if you have a contract of employment stating your hours they cant take hours away and they can only move u if they can prove that you or the baby are in any danger and that they have tried to resolve whatever the issue is

I'm no expert but I think changing your hours requires a contract change and for you to sign it in order to change anything.

If you're not sure you need to speak to either the personnel dept or maybe check with the citizens advice as they can't make any changes based on your pregnancy.

No they can't it's discrimination abnd it's against the law.

When you hear/overhear these conversations write down the date and time in a diary and keep it, you never know when you might need it...

xx :hug:

My housemate sent me a text as soon as she overheard the conversation so I am keeping that to back me up when I go in to work tomorrow. Im not just going to ignore it I am going to sit down with my manager tomorrow and find out exactly what was said

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back