I had a false alarm grrrrr

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
I went for lunch with my sister today. I parked my car on the street and paid on the meter for an hour at 12.05. I had a really nice but quick lunch and got back to my car at 12.55 to 2 traffic wardens putting a ticket and taking photos of my car. It was my sister who asked why they were doing it. apparently I was parked 2 meters in the wrong direction in the '15 minute free stay bay'. I dont remember exactly what I said but it contined a lot of swearing. Something along the lines of 'whats the ****** point of paying for parking when im gonna get a ******* fine anyway'.

My sister had to go but the traffic wardens just stood gawping making me even madder. I got into my car and as the traffic wardens were walking off I was giving them dirty looks when I was gripped by this really bad pain across my lower back (i think LO was back-to-back again- s/he is determined to lay in that position but keeps going back to normal too :wall: ). It lasted about a minute but the intensity increased in waves.

I knew I couldnt drive home myself as if it happened again I would lose control of the car. luckily i was parked outside OH's work so I rang him and he was out straight away. He drove me home and made me a cup of tea. After an hour I didnt get anymore pains so he went back to work. Ive slept pretty much all afternoon now. I havnt had anymore pains but I do feel a bit funny- tighter around my lower bump.

I feel like Ive made a fuss now as I dragged OH out of work, all for nothing. I've decided Im not going out now alone now because I think I'd die if I went into labour while in town alone :shock:

Grrrr Im so p*ssed off about the ticket. apparently I can appeal but it doesnt tell you how on the ticket, only how to pay. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry rant over :evil: :evil:

Ggrrrr I hate traffic wardens too.

Sorry you had a fright honey, glad you are feeling better now :hug:

Oh that's just plain mean, especially if they were doing it as you were approaching your car. I don't know how to appeal, I presume your council website or something or give the department a call?

As for the labour part...I got all excited for you for a second reading that!! I'm sure it's your LO really getting into place, sending out their "I'm ready" hormones and things will kick off soon!!

Nicola said:
Oh that's just plain mean, especially if they were doing it as you were approaching your car. I don't know how to appeal, I presume your council website or something or give the department a call?

As for the labour part...I got all excited for you for a second reading that!! I'm sure it's your LO really getting into place, sending out their "I'm ready" hormones and things will kick off soon!!

Unfortunately we know how to appeal as OH had to do it last year...he renewed his ticket but displayed the old one by accident. They upheld his fine :evil: They are such misers at the council (and I work for them!! (in a different dept lol)) :wall: :wall:

What a crock...appeal and we'll all keep our fingers crossed.
Can't believe they upheld your DH's fine....how stupid is that when he had "evidence" to back up his mix-up/mistake type thing. DH is employed by the council here too....to say they are arses at the best of times is being nice!!

Traffic Wardens suck :wall:

I was gonna be one once til someone told me how many times I'd get people hating me, then I thought yeah ok I'll pick a more friendly job where I'm less likely to get beaten up.

Hope your little one comes soon nat x

Oh sorry to read about your parking ticket. :( Some of these parking rules are so stupid (and confusing).

Hope you have a restful night after your hectic day. :hug:

hope you're feeling better now - try not to let the ticket get to you

Sorry you had a horrible day :hug: Traffic wardens-real b****rds!

Hey TD,

Sorry to hear about your false alarm - you should put in your appeal letter that the traffic warden was so rude that he nearly sent a v. heavily pregnant lady into labour!

Sorry to hear about your ticket and I hope you've had a restful night's sleep.

Love

Valentine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back