false alarm!!

trixipaws

Reaction score
just had a fright...

felt a crampy gripey tummy pain earlier, felt like trapped wind (not unfamiliar). it gradually got worse though until i had to lie down and it was really quite painful. i didnt think it was early labour or anything because the pain was above my belly button and constant, not low pains that had breaks in between (like i imagine contrations to be like)

i thought it'd be wise to call the hosp tho, i was more worried it'd be something gone wrong, esp. as i'v had signs of possible preeclampsia.

well, when i called, they asked if it was my first baby and was i due (i said yes and not for 4 weeks) then she asked where the pain was and did it come and go; so i told her and she said "it sounds like labour pains"! :shock:

i wasnt expecting her to say that! she then said take paracetamol and call back in an hour if its not gone. luckily its pretty much gone though! phew, was really frightened there for a minute! i'm not ready yet! :(

Hi

What a scare :? hope LO stays in for another few weeks for you .
You probably will ever be ready though :lol:
Glad your pains are gone try and get some sleep tonight hopefully in themorning it will be gone :hug:

aww ive had lots of false starts with my first pregnancy too, i guess its harder for those who havent actually gone through labour yet as you dont know what to expect.. im glad it all settled down for you though ..

did you manage a good night sleep hun.. :hug:

I think it gets harder as you get nearer your due date, I keep thinking every little niggle and pain might be the start of things (wishful thinking lol!)

I had a false alarm last time at about 37 weeks, my waters broke so off we went thinking 'this is it' only to be told it wasnt my waters but the baby had forced his head onto my bladder quite hard which had made me leak loads of wee :oops: :oops: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back