I feel so bad!

emma10

Reaction score
Ok so im sitting here gettin myself all in a tizz again! im working 2 days a week at the moment have been since jan 07, my mum is good enough to look after my DD while im there, it's a good job as we'd never be able too afford childcare! ive worked for this company 4 and half yrs.

I love my job and the people i work with, i just feel that i let them down sooo much, it always seems that im needing too change my day, or leave early for one reason or another, mums ill or DD or some family emergency has come up! Im convinced that they must feel im not committed to my job anymore,(i often feel this!) i always apologise and try too make my time up the best i can... But i would never have been like this before my DD was born, i hardly had any time off.
I spend so much time worrying about this! im even worse now im expecting again,(they don't know this yet until ive had my dating scan!) adding another lil one to the equation will probably only mean more time off and messing them about, so im seriously considering not going bk after my maternity leave, which bloody annoys me as ive worked hard for my Job!!
for example ive had too leave work 3 times in the past two weeks!
God what does it have to be so difficult... arghhhhhhh

Rant over ( sorry 4 the long and probably very boring post, but i do feel better now :) )

:hug: :hug: :hug:

It cant be helped - you're not taking the mic, other people do understand as most people have families themselves. I am back to work part-time now, only for the last 3 weeks and so far I had to take half a day last week off as LO wasnt v well and then I have a tummy bug now so had to come home early yesterday!!! It happens when you have young kids, it wont always be like it. :hug: :hug:

It really can't be helped and the fact you were so committed to your job before will stand you in good stead with your employers. I've been back at work for two weeks now, the nursery phoned an hour after I'd got in yesterday and I had to pick James up as he wasn't well. I felt awful but I know they understand! i suppose it will get easier, it's all part of being a working mum....

Hi

I know exactly how you feel. I work 3 days and have been back 6 months. I am always late, had to have about 8 days off due to lack of childcare/ illness etc and i was promoted just before i told them im pregnant, got a big pay rise and now feel that im not being managerial enough and not earning my money etc... there is another manager at the same level as me who works full time and i just know she must be thinking im taking the p*ss.
Also we are TTC and I may be pregnant right now, i live in constant hope that I am pregnant and fear that im gonna have to tell my boss! eeeeek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back