Maternity leave and not wanting to go back to work

Kas

Reaction score
hiya, does anyone know any loopholes of not having to go back to work after maternity leave, Ive had time to think and the job I have is far too stressful to go back to with a young baby, ive been offered a rep job working two nights a week, giving me almost the same as a full weeks wage with my other job and it means we dont have to pay for childcare as my OH can take my son as its workin between 6pm-11pm. How can i get out of having to go back to my old job or will i have to pay back all my maternity leave, money is getting tight and i aint supposed to go back there until december, the company has also went bust and a new company has just taken over, :? XkelX

Hiya
It dends on what your contract says.
With my job I only got the statuatory rate after the first 6 weeks so I didn't have to go back. If your company have paid you extra you have to go back or pay it back, I don't know of any loopholes I'm afraid.

If I didn't go back after my maternity leave I would have to pay so much of my money back to them :(

Xxx

I think my conract said sumthin about payin it back, i had 6 weeks 90% wage and summit like 8 weeks 40% wage, just wondering how much is expected to be paid back. I could get my Doctor to sign me off as i ended up with anxiety and panic attacks due to working condiotions, I really hate that job the more i think about it XkeLX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back