i feel awful

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
hi

i work in a hospital in the haematology department. deals with cancers and leukaemias, etc.

a patient came 19, and his mum got phoned and told to come. his mum came and was crying and then i started crying, i dont even know these people and i certainly dont know what was wrong, but becuase of my pregnancy hormones i couldnt stop. i feel so bad as the mum must think that i know what wrong.

x

My heart goes out to you Davina. My mum has just come through breast cancer, and an extensive dose of chemotherapy, and everytime I went with her to get chemo, I cried my eyes out. It certainly puts things into perspective- when we all complain about things, and those people would do anything to have the gift of life.

My mum has her mammogram tomorrow to check if the cancer has returned and I am worried sick. I am going with her, but don't think I could cope with hearing it has returned. She is my best friend! I am so glad she will be alive to see my little one tho.

Hope you are ok, and keep your chin up xxx

oh KX

i am so sorry sending ((((((hugs)))))) to you and your mum.

x

Thanx ladies, my mum is a fighter, as she says there is people a lot worse off than her out there.

Rosieroo you aint got long now! Hope your keeping ok.

Davina I admire the job that you do, it must be hard working in a ward like that. xxx :wink:

hi K X

I so admire people like your mum.

I dont work on the ward i work in the office, and part of my job is typing all the letters. i often find myself crying over the news. i also cover women when they are off and today i found myself running the clinic when this young lad came in.

x

My mum has two lumps in her breast. She had to go for a mammogram and a scan last week, but the man who did it said that off the record he thought things looked ok. However she is waiting to see the oncologist now for the results. I don't know whether she is being 100% honest with me as she didn't want me to know she was having to see someone as she didn't want to stress me out whilst I am pregnant - but I found out anyway and would rather she did tell me the truth. Plus I would like to be there for her.

Cancer is an awful awful disease, I've watched it kill many people in my family - my dad, grandad, great grandmother and great aunt (who was in her 50s) have all died from various different cancers, and one of my other grandads is currently battling it.

I pray it never affects my LO.

Office workers are the back bone of these departments/clinics. Don't under estimate the importance of your job-even if it is delivering bad news etc.xxx

thanks for that K X, but try telling the government that. they only emphasis the nurses pay (who deserve all the money that they get). with the new government pay plan only the nurses and doctors are getting a raise. 90% of the office staff are having their wages frozen for between 3 - 5 years, not even getting the cost of living rise, therefore i can see a mass exodus from the secretarial and clerical side of things. god knows what chaos the hospitals will be in then.

i am looking for a new job whilst on maternity leave, but only because i want to work term time only.

Hello

*Hugz* to everyone who has been dealing with these tough situations, i couldnt imagine.
Katrina :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back