I duno what to do! *Update on Page 2* HELP! :(

In all honesty Hun it does sound like reflux and until you can try something to combat that there's not a lot more you can do x have you raised her Moses basket mattress so it is at an angle? Once the doctor sees her and tries her on gavisgon you should notice a big difference within the first 24 hours if it is reflux x sending hugs x

I bought a sling to help my lo with reflux as she wouldn't be able to be put flat. Also raised Moses basket and tried the colic hold (YouTube it). But really if it is reflux she will need at least the gaviscon. I wouldn't leave her to cry either that young. It is draining but hopefully if it is reflux she will get the help she needs x

Hiya

First of all, sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it at the mo. my little girl suffered really badly wi colic / trapped wind and had silent reflux. We tried colic massage etc, she had a wedge in her Moses basket and still sleeps on a wedge in her cot. The only thing that made a big difference to us was colief. Ad at £12 a bottle thankfully we managed to get it on prescription. It's a bit of faff til you get used to it but I'd say if you've not tried it it might be worth a go. Infacol did nothing for us!

Sorry if you've said you've already tried colief!

Jill x x

What can I use to raise her matress in moses basket?
And I'll see about the colief too xx

I would call your gp again first thing tomorrow and ask for an emergency appointment. Surely they cant leave such a young baby in this kind of discomfort? Good luck x

If it is reflux, colief and infacol won't help. We've recently found out our son has reflux. He was like this when really small, hated being laid flat to sleep in the day, but wasn't too bad at night for some reason?! We use anti-reflux milk, you can buy this from boots etc, so could try this before your appointment. On it's own, we didn't see a massive improvement in our son and gavisgon did nothing. We had to get ranitidine for him which has helped with the reflux milk. With my son it got to the stage he wouldn't take his milk at all cos of it. He never threw up much, but has always had loads of hicups and when he burped it would sound like a sickie burp. Poor wee mite.

If you can't get an appointment, ask your hv to ring for you. Mine usually is able to get appointments when I'm told they're aren't any!!

Before we got the wedge for the basket, we just propped one end up with a box or books, anything just to tilt it a bit. You can also roll a towel into a sausage shape, the put it in the basket in a 'u' shape, under Bubs bum and legs and tuck it in the sides. It'll stop them wiggling down if the baskets raised at one end and it also makes them feel nice and secure.

X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back