Nappy change while asleep?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Rachaellius, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Rachaellius

Rachaellius Well-Known Member

Do you wake your LO's up for a nappy change?
    Phoebe literally slept for 3 and a half hours last night I'm totally knackered!!!
    She's also been fighting sleep all day. So I've just put her in her moses basket while I went to pee, I come back in the room to find her fast asleep, yipeee!
    But her nappy stinks it's quite obvious she's done a number two :(
    Should I wake her up and change it????

God I reeeeally need a sleep, I'm barely functioning on 7 hours sleep in the last 48 hours.
    But I can't leave her in a dirty nappy can I!?

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

2. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

I sometimes leave Tyler in the night and do it at his next feed. I asked my mum because I felt mean and she did it to all 3 of her kids. As long as it's not left too long or done with all nappies I don't see a problem! If you were out and couldn't smell it they'd just be sitting in it and it wouldn't harm them!

3. knopk@

[email protected] Well-Known Member

They can get a nappy rash esp if the nappy was full of wee as well so dont leave it long. My lo doesnt let me know always though so until i can smell it, he doesnt get changed

sent from my Galaxy s2

4. Rachaellius

Rachaellius Well-Known Member

Yeah that makes sense tbf, thanks
    Ahh buggar, never mind she's awake again! That didn't last long :(

5. Monkey

Monkey Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you haven't had much sleep. Hopefully it will get easier for you soon and she will start settling at nights. I used to feel bad leaving E in a dirty nappy even for short periods when she was asleep and I was awake. However I started thinking that if I was asleep also, I wouldn't know she needed changing till she either woke for a feed and I checked her nappy or she woke for a change.

I just make sure she is totally cleaned, dried and cream put on to help prevent any rashes.

#5 Monkey, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  6. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

Owen lasts from 6.30 - 6.30 in the night with no leaks. He is fine so I don't change him until his feed c

7. TiffanyJaynexo

TiffanyJaynexo Well-Known Member

Bless you hunnie :hug:
    Maybe she's having a growth spurt?
    Grace only had a bit of sleep the other day, killed me! She was awake most of the day as well, kept waking up from like 10 minute naps. I sometimes leave Grace if she's sleeping but I always put sudocrem on her bum after she's has poo's xxx

#7 TiffanyJaynexo, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  8. littlemiss83

littlemiss83 Well-Known Member

tbh I wouldn't leave dirty nappy on. It can cause a urine infection or nappy rash. But there has been times we've been out in buggy & he's had one, but its been maybe an hour tops. I'd say do it asap. They scream blue murder when they get nappy rash which is alot worse than just a quick change

:)

9. ForestLas80

ForestLas80 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't change it overnight unless he didn't go back to sleep. Fin only half awakens for night feeds and sleeps instantly feed over so I don't change him until the morning. I always wash him at each change and sudacream everywhere to protect him. I think your sleep and hers is more important xxx

10. clairebear22

clairebear22 Well-Known Member

I'd change Jack if he pooed in the night but he usually goes from 8.30pm until 7am with the same nappy. Never had any problems x

11. CustardCream

CustardCream Well-Known Member

Id always change a nappy if I know its dirty. Im rubbish when Im woke up but always change his bum before his feed at night/early morning as my sister said hit wakes them up then the botle puts them back to sleep. In the day I do it whichever way round. Id feel guilty lreaving him even in a wet nappy if I knew about it x

#11 CustardCream, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012