Nappy change while asleep?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Do you wake your LO's up for a nappy change?
Phoebe literally slept for 3 and a half hours last night I'm totally knackered!!!
She's also been fighting sleep all day. So I've just put her in her moses basket while I went to pee, I come back in the room to find her fast asleep, yipeee!
But her nappy stinks it's quite obvious she's done a number two :(
Should I wake her up and change it????

God I reeeeally need a sleep, I'm barely functioning on 7 hours sleep in the last 48 hours.
But I can't leave her in a dirty nappy can I!?

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I sometimes leave Tyler in the night and do it at his next feed. I asked my mum because I felt mean and she did it to all 3 of her kids. As long as it's not left too long or done with all nappies I don't see a problem! If you were out and couldn't smell it they'd just be sitting in it and it wouldn't harm them!

They can get a nappy rash esp if the nappy was full of wee as well so dont leave it long. My lo doesnt let me know always though so until i can smell it, he doesnt get changed

sent from my Galaxy s2

Yeah that makes sense tbf, thanks
Ahh buggar, never mind she's awake again! That didn't last long :(

Sorry to hear that you haven't had much sleep. Hopefully it will get easier for you soon and she will start settling at nights. I used to feel bad leaving E in a dirty nappy even for short periods when she was asleep and I was awake. However I started thinking that if I was asleep also, I wouldn't know she needed changing till she either woke for a feed and I checked her nappy or she woke for a change.

I just make sure she is totally cleaned, dried and cream put on to help prevent any rashes.

Last edited:
Owen lasts from 6.30 - 6.30 in the night with no leaks. He is fine so I don't change him until his feed c

Bless you hunnie :hug:
Maybe she's having a growth spurt?
Grace only had a bit of sleep the other day, killed me! She was awake most of the day as well, kept waking up from like 10 minute naps. I sometimes leave Grace if she's sleeping but I always put sudocrem on her bum after she's has poo's xxx

Last edited:
tbh I wouldn't leave dirty nappy on. It can cause a urine infection or nappy rash. But there has been times we've been out in buggy & he's had one, but its been maybe an hour tops. I'd say do it asap. They scream blue murder when they get nappy rash which is alot worse than just a quick change

:)

I wouldn't change it overnight unless he didn't go back to sleep. Fin only half awakens for night feeds and sleeps instantly feed over so I don't change him until the morning. I always wash him at each change and sudacream everywhere to protect him. I think your sleep and hers is more important xxx

I'd change Jack if he pooed in the night but he usually goes from 8.30pm until 7am with the same nappy. Never had any problems x

Id always change a nappy if I know its dirty. Im rubbish when Im woke up but always change his bum before his feed at night/early morning as my sister said hit wakes them up then the botle puts them back to sleep. In the day I do it whichever way round. Id feel guilty lreaving him even in a wet nappy if I knew about it x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back