• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Dont Feel like I 'like' my baby.....

ButterflySkye

Reaction score
Ive been feeling bit down lately and I just feel like I dont 'like' the baby.

I did a post not too long ago about how I just don't feel pregnant but had a scan at 13 weeks and everything brilliant. Had few twinges lately but that was it no blood so I ashume the baby is fine.

I just suppose where I don't feel baby and don't feel pregnant it doesnt help. I just cant feel love for it. My OH always asks how his babies are (me and the baby) but I just think shut up about the baby. I obviously don't want to feel like this but Im worrying incase its ever going to go...

Is it possible to have some sort of depression while pregnant?

Hope someone knows what I mean!

Oh hun, that must be so hard for you.

Antenatal depression is very real and depending where you live you might have a mw dedicated to depression like i had here.

does your oh know how you feel? is there a female relative or friend you can confide in? Please speak to your mw about this, she may offer some kind of help xxx

The moment I say I just want it to be us he says well and the baby and this morning I was ment to think "oh" but I said it out loud and he went to me you dont want it do you. I just don't have a clue. I was all excited at the start when I saw the scan and just lately I see it more as an inconvience. OH is very excited. Rubs belly all the time. But I just dont even klnow if the babys okay so I dont know whats its doing. I dont know if its alive you know. Im just so confused! I feel awful too that I dont have an attachment to it. I care incase something was to go wrong but I feel thats it xx

I have a little in cling on how your feeling...do you feel it will affect you and your OH and you will never be the same again? i do with myself.
I think when i feel the baby kick i will feel more attatched, i don't feel attached to my baby yet. Maybe you will when he or she kicks? xxx

I hope I do because where all symptoms are gone and tri 2 is a pretty boring stage, I just hope baby is alright in there xx

Hey hun How many weeks are you?

I wouldn't worry I felt the same as this is my first pregnancy I still worry now if I don't feel him move alot during the day x

I was so worried before my 12 week scan I had bad thoughts after my sister had one that died, since my scan was on a friday teh 13th! I was doubley worried. But all was well and it eased my mind after I had my scan I kept looking at the picture to remind me he was in there.

Even after that I did have doubts and pains so I worried more but I got the doctors and midwifes at hospital to do the heartbeat at 16 weeks this eased my mind again as I knew he was still in there growing strong. :)

I did start to feel him move from about 15/16 weeks, which was weird at first even now he makes me jump x

I hope you get something to ease your worries. If in doubt go to A and E. explaining the pain and doubts they might do heartbeat or scan for you x

14 weeks and 5 days xx I just dont know how to think, like how do I know baby is okay

Like I said I had said worries, If you haven't had any bleeding they well be fine hun just look forward to getting your bump bigger and feeling him/her move and your next scan that kept me busy till I had my scan x

Ima keep this as simple as possible.
Not everybody gravitates to their unborn child straight away,
It took me 4 months to accept n wanna acknowledge this baby.
I was still smoking cos I was stressed out n my brain jus wasnt interested.
We can all talk to u n help u vent, but we are not professionals.
I say, get hubby to make an appointment for u n go speak to someone. Last thing u want is to have baba n
Then end up resenting them.

If I could give u a big hug I would so pls accept the virtual one
*HUGS*

I understand as I have no symptoms either, The scan made me excited cos I could actually connect, but do you know what has made me connect more? two simple things, my tickers which count the days down and getting the doppler, it is fab, I spend a few minutes each day listening to the heartbeat, and U can actually hear the baby moving and hiccuping at times, it was well worth the £20, That gives me the connection to my baby, I can hear him/her growing inside me, and when I hear the hiccups it just makes me smile, maybe you can try getting a doppler?
Sending you a :hug: hun x

Maybe I need to get a Doppler. Where did u get urs from.

It's a hard thing to adjust n accept. I jus hope u pull thru like i did hun

I got mine from Ebay, it was an angelsounds one, £20 including p+p, don't need gel either with it, can use water

I think sometimes pregnancy all feels a bit surreal and overwhealming. I often thought it'd be nice for someone to ask how I was, not pregnant me or the baby, just me! It feels like life is changing so much already and you've still not really got anything to show for it except maybe a scan. I only had nausea and dizzyness, then my SPD kicked in good style at 10 weeks so I associate a lot of pain with my pregnancy and often blamed my wee guy for all the trouble he was causing me. Well, I've still got the pain but I've also got my wee guy and I wouldn't change him for the world!! I can't believe we made him and I actually gave birth to him and didn't even begin to imagine this is what motherhood would be like.
Speak to your GP or midwife and let them know how you're feeling. Of course there is a chance you could have antenatal depression but best to speak to someone who knows. :hugs: pregnancy is not easy by any stretch of the imagination, and hormones are crazy little buggers :) Hope you're feeling more like yourself again soon! (sorry for the long reply!)

Hey :wave:
I Jay want to tell you tat your nt alone at all. I had the same feelings, at exactly 14 weeks. I find that's the part of pregnancy that feels the slowest and the longest, as you haven't got another scan for 6 weeks and you can't feel anything so it did generally suck. I really worried, thinking I was gonna resent the baby and not want anything to do with it and stuff, and I totally hate being pregnant!! I think it's awful. I feel generally crap and different, and can't wait to feel better! I must say, at the stage I'm at now, I am so in love with my baby. It came after we found out it was a girl and when I lie in the bath I can see her moving anni find myself talking to her! It's incredible. I really do love her to pieces and can't wait to meet her.
You can talk to someone and get some help for the time being, but I reckon you'll be ok and you will see when the baby I most active and when they sleep-I know mines little routine! You'll look back and say "what was I thinking" I reckon.
Best of luck :hugs: xx

It definately is possible to have pre-natal depression, I've been keeping an eye on it myself. If you've had depression in the past then you are at a higher risk of getting pre or post natal depression....but saying that, everyone has given some great advice and it could just be a normal phase of pregnancy which you'll come out of naturally. xx

oh bless you, this is the boring part of pregnancy it seems like nothing is going on and nothing is real, with my 4th I rememeber recenting my other half and baby at the time because i wanted to do stuff like going the pub which i did with hubby did a few times, going to the fair with my friends which they had all planned, he still could do everything he always could and i couldn't , the other 3 kids used to sleep at their nans on a saturday night quite often so i really felt put out by being pregnant then,hubby used to ask about baby and i just felt like a baby making machine, things got better once i started feeling her kick and i got bigger, i know in my notes there is a part about how your feeling and everytime i see the midwife she asks me these questions and fills it out, so they are aware if any pre natal depression so it possible and in my area is looked out for. i know vitamin b6 can help with post natal depression maybe see if it helps with pre natal depression too, sorry i dont know much about it. make sure if you still feeling the same at midwife appointment you tell her.

We have decided to find out the sex of the baby so we are going to find out this week hopefully. Id be about 2 days off 16 weeks (16 weeks is when they say they can tell the sex at the private clinic) and the scan will just tell us in general how baby is too so many ill feel better after then too. Hopefully book for Friday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back