Feel like my body is letting my baby down...

DaisieBee

Reaction score
Im sorry to moan but I feel like I have so many things wrong with me at the moment and i feel like i am letting my baby down. I hink that if I didnt feel so ill all the time, i would be creating a better 'home' for my baby while i am pregnant. I know some of these are just general pregnancy things but it all seems to be happening at once. I know this is irrational but I keep thinking that if my body doesnt react well to pregnancy then its a sign i will be a bad mum - guess ill be adding hormonal to my list, lol.

Seriously though, I have had terrible morning sickness since week 4 that has never gone, i have gall stones and the attacks are agony and i will need surgery when baby born (newborn while recovering from surgery, nice!), I have constant headaches and have been been getting migraines lately, My gums are bleeding, and I have constipation and internal piles. Oh yeah, and now I have high blood pressure!!!

Sorry, I sound really sorry for myself and I know some of you have real worries right now and i probably sound selfish, at least my baby is healthy right now and I know i should just be grateful for that.

Honey you don't sound a bit selfish. You are having a hard time lately. I had high blood pressure while carrying Naomi and was in and out of hospital for the last two months of my pregnancy. I remember saying to my OH at the time that I felt that Naomi had had a hard time inside me, because I'd had rabies shots for a bat bite(long story) at 6- 13 weeks, a bleed at 9 weeks, another internal at 15 weeks cos I passed some of the plug and then hypertension, pre-eclampsia and finally an emergency section at 36 weeks. :D
He told me not to be silly. Having a baby is not just about the baby, it's about you too. You are entitled to feel miserable if you are ill, you've got an alien on board! Baby will have to live according to your rules and your routine when he or she is born, and they consume a huge amount of your body's resources while you're carrying them. You are not being selfish.

:hug: :hug:

Feel better soon hun. Incidentally, the surgery for gallstones these days is only keyhole, my Dad had his gall bladder removed via keyhole a few years back. You won't have a major incision to cope with, and I'm sure that you'll be able to wait a little while after baby is born to get some of your strength back. I hope you have a support network out there. Get mum or mum in law on your side and if you have sisters or sisters in law rope em in! That's what they are for!

Wish I could help.
:D
Sue

You're not being selfish hon. Pregnancy takes a lot out of you even if you have a relatively easy ride, I can't imagine what you're going through. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you feel better soon, wish there was something we could do to help xxx

Thank you - posts really made me feel better :)

To top things off I fell down some steps today and now have sprained ankle to throw into the mix as well! I'm so clumsy! :doh: Hubby caught me before I fell completely as would have landed on tummy so am so so thankful for that!!!

Oh hun, so sorry to hear your feeling so rubbish :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know its probably no consolation, but I had the dreadful nausea too, and its only really started to get better. That was enough for me, so I cant imagine what your going through with your gall bladder problems, piles etc.

You must be doing something right because you have a perfectly healthy, thriving baby in there so dont beat yourself up. Your baby sounds very strong to be giving you such strong symptoms! And your going to be a wonderful mum, I just know it, it shows how caring you are now about your baby, your certainly not selfish!!

I think you deserve a treat, why dont you go and buy yourself some nice bath goodies, or a new top, something to pick you up...think you need it hunny, make you feel a bit more human! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back